Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?

Article about: Anyone know what type of WW2 German Dagger this is below? What is it called? There is a K under the cross guard

?

Default Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?

Anyone know what type of WW2 German Dagger this is below? What is it called?

There is a "K" under the cross guard

Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone know this WW2 German Dagger? What is it called?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

DVL?

I will withhold any opinion because I know NOTHING about these. Nor have I ever seen a DVL dagger like this.

Check out post #8 in this link.

DLV flyers knife

Again, wait for others. Not my area.

And here...

Dagger Guide
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I found a couple of older threads about NSFK and DLV daggers where the authenticity of crossguards like this was questioned.
    That's all I have for you, as I am not educated on daggers etc.

Regards, Rik

Michael and Dschop are on the right track..Michael especially ...the DLV resembled the 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger except the DLV was noticeably longer ..but retained the same features as the 1st model Luftwaffe.

The DLV shortened their dagger to the NSFK seen type daggers

The dagger above by K3 shows the NSFK emblem mounted on a 1st model Luftwaffe with other bells and whistles seen showing a pommel swaz and birds.
    This example provided by K3 is unfounded and 4th Reich put together.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

first photo is a DLV ..take notice to the fitting differences between the 2 types and also the length

photo below new configuration deemed 1st Model Luftwaffe

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry and others, should this be considered garbage as well?

Larry if somebody came to you with this dagger, would you buy it? And if yes for how mucb?

Quote by K3PIO View Post
    Larry and others, should this be considered garbage as well?

Larry if somebody came to you with this dagger, would you buy it? And if yes for how mucb?
    I thought my posts 4 and 5 pretty much gave that answer?

Would I buy it and spend how much? : No and Nothing