Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Buying a luftwaffe dagger in 2 days if you guys can tell me it's genuine.

Article about: So this is actually my first post and first time on the forum. Happy to say that I liked it so much I became a gold member after 10 mins. If my fellow collectors would please look at the att

?

Larry on post 9 you mention fake aging process, could you tell us what this is, how its applied and how we can spot this. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying a luftwaffe dagger in 2 days if you guys can tell me it's genuine.
    P
    Many

I have to agree with Peter's well done assessment.. Alcoso guard.. other parts could be original to the blade but I would not be happy with this ACS guard. Possible replaced guard after the original guard was denazified? Best, Kevin.

Thanks guys that just means I shall have to buy more daggers with mismatched parts until I return them all to their proper homes! Its still beautiful, crossguard fits nice and im loving my first of many to come luft daggers. Thank you all for your input! Please add more input if something was overlooked.

?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Larry on post 9 you mention fake aging process, could you tell us what this is, how its applied and how we can spot this. Thanks.
    Just my two cents.. The fakers have enough of a "Edge" pardon the pun. on new collectors and some seasoned veterans of this hobby .. To give any information to them would only further the difficult process of weeding them out.. Again... This is only my take on this matter... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    This process is only seen on current repro $30 Luft daggers you see for sale in Souvenir shops. What is most obvious is the dark patina covered by laquer. What stands out most is the darkening verses the condition of the dagger..in some cases repro parts are swapped into place onto authentic grips and pommels. A very common practice.
    Again..let me reiterate that photos give false impressions no matter what the lighting conditions. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Welcome to the Forum General. Good stuff all around from the WRF Members. Guardians of the hobby with great insight and wisdom.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3