Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Combat-converted 1st model Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: by ObKrieger It's not worth the \\$350 asking price to me, but I thought that it was a really neat piece. Adding items to the forum database never hurts. I would not pay 350\\$ for it, but I fin

?

Default Re: Combat-converted 1st model Luftwaffe dagger

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It's not worth the $350 asking price to me, but I thought that it was a really neat piece. Adding items to the forum database never hurts.
    I would not pay 350$ for it, but I find it interesting none the less. I cling to the hope, that this is a theatre made conversion by a (bored) GI. After convincing myself thus, it somehow does not hurt so much to see a TR dagger 'mutilated.' Back then nobody would have blinked an eye, I guess.
    As for being American made; if you just saw the blade, it could be any number of generic American made knives. A classic American Bowie shape.
    Thanks for posting. Its different. Different is good
    Besides, I/we have seen worse.
    I once saw posted a TR sabre cut down to knife size, bbrrrrrrrrrr .......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat-converted 1st model Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Hello there,

Agree that it isn't worth $350.00 but in a way it has more history behind it than most other 1st pattern Luft daggers you come across! Interesting piece for sure.

William Kramer

It is interesting and unusual. I tend to agree with the theater-made conversion idea..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Great Photos. I would love to know the story on that dagger. Thx for sharing.

Quote by Scout View Post
    I would not pay 350$ for it, but I find it interesting none the less. I cling to the hope, that this is a theatre made conversion by a (bored) GI. After convincing myself thus, it somehow does not hurt so much to see a TR dagger 'mutilated.' Back then nobody would have blinked an eye, I guess.
    As for being American made; if you just saw the blade, it could be any number of generic American made knives. A classic American Bowie shape.
    Thanks for posting. Its different. Different is good
    Besides, I/we have seen worse.
    I once saw posted a TR sabre cut down to knife size, bbrrrrrrrrrr .......
    I suppose the best way to look at it is with a 'What's done is done" attitude.

I would like to have this in my collection but I wish the sellers would accept $200 or so for it. I am glad you have all enjoyed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2