Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dagger grip color!

Article about: Hi guys,i was looking threw/up on the grip color of the german daggers mainly the luft and army as it seams like they were all white back pre 45 ?now i do love the look of the deep orange gr

Default Re: Dagger grip color!

Hi Pammy, Steve has nailed it for you: they could be ordered in the colour of your choice and they do darken over time.

I love how the grips come in different shades. I still need a white Heer & a Luftwaffe too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger grip color!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger grip color!
    P
    Many

?

Very nice ade,i realy like the e-pack the best anyone else have any luft e-pack they care to share?

?

Here is my e-pack eagle..THE BLADE IS PRETTY MINTY LOOKING AS THE REST IS REALY DIRTY!I THINK I SHOULD LEAVE IT AS IS ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger grip color!  

Quote by pammy View Post
    here is my e-pack eagle..the blade is pretty minty looking as the rest is realy dirty!i think i should leave it as is ?
    Yes !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Pammy, Steve has nailed it for you: they could be ordered in the colour of your choice and they do darken over time.

I love how the grips come in different shades. I still need a white Heer & a Luftwaffe too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, it is nice to see these complete with correct portipee on each one !
    Regards,

Steve.

My friend Ade is spot on.

Keep in mind though, there are differences between materials like trolon, celluloid, galalith, glass, and of course ivory, all of which were used in the production of various edged weapons grips..ie. sabers, luft daggers, heer daggers and so forth. I believe each had it's limitations with regards to color infusion. Also, as was pointed out with regards to grip color and change with respect to age, again, most of that is contingent on type of grip material used, and of course, in concert with storage and environment.

As grips go..me, well I love white gripped daggers with nice, dark patina'd fittings. In particular, Heer daggers in this configuration. But at the end of the day, I like 'em black!!! Black celluloid covered wooden grips which is essentially limited to Heer pattern sabers...those who know me, know that's my bag

Tommy "the gun" C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2