Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DLV flyers knife

Article about: Always a special model dagger (ok knife) in my heart. The flyers knife was the first german dagger I ever saw, which inspired me to buy a german dagger reference book which then went on to l

Default DLV flyers knife

Always a special model dagger (ok knife) in my heart. The flyers knife was the first german dagger I ever saw, which inspired me to buy a german dagger reference book which then went on to lead me into the edge weapon hobby.
    This ones by E&A Helbig, the early nickel variety and completely untouched.
    Let me know your views guys. I love these little knives, there really underated and rare to find. I think they're a really good buy for what they are selling for too.
    Please feel free to add comments and your own DLV's and NSKF's pictures.
    regards matty

DLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV flyers knife
    P
    Many

Thats a salty looking sweetheart Mattty...truly untouched. Crossgrain is present and beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I like it.

?

Great early Knife,nice acceptance stamp on the throat.
    Alhou the pics arent that detailed the knife looks in good condition with lots of the Original cross grain left, leather looks great too!
    Nice patina on the nickle parts, all screas are there too.
    Does it has the "K" cast marking under the left cross guard wingtip?
    it looks like i can see it faintly...on the pic with the hanger.
    I have had quite a few of these knives and i love the design!

Good catch

Ger

?

I quite like the patina.

Very nice, I have one just like it, helbig also made the crackel finish aluminum model, they are very cool and the little brother so to speak to the first model lufts.

Hi Guys thankyou for the comments. Gerrit, yes the 'K' stamp is there but the patina makes it look fairly faint. But yes, I Completely agree, I love the design too!
    To be honest I don't know why theyre still fairly 'cheap' as they are a hard dagger to find.
    Maximus, great to hear you have a similar model. I had a crackel finish once but sold it, not a good move but anyway heres a picture of my mistake.

DLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knife

Here are my pics from a previous post, this is my slightly salty weyersberg all framed up, the hanger is personalized/engraved with the initials W.M which makes for a nice little added bonus! The blade shows some sharpening but I wouldnt trade it for the world, I was surpised how heavy it was for its size. alot of charecter with these
    DLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knifeDLV flyers knife

Great little knives and all excellent examples. I agree absolutely-these pieces are Far more tougher to find than their prices indicate.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hey maximus, thankyou for posting. Yours look great, your right they are full of character. I wish mine was a weyersberg, that's my favourite maker of Luftwaffe edges.
    Wagriff, yep completely agree. I do not think SS daggers are rare in the slightest however I have SS daggers valued at twice if not three times as much as this little rare knife. Figure that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast