Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DLV flyers knife

Article about: Always a special model dagger (ok knife) in my heart. The flyers knife was the first german dagger I ever saw, which inspired me to buy a german dagger reference book which then went on to l

Hey maximus, thankyou for posting. Yours look great, your right they are full of character. I wish mine was a weyersberg, that's my favourite maker of Luftwaffe edges.
    Wagriff, yep completely agree. I do not think SS daggers are rare in the slightest however I have SS daggers valued at twice if not three times as much as this little rare knife. Figure that.
    So does that mean you will trade me a SS Dagger for my Weyerserg DLV? LOL
    But yes you are right, you probably see 100 first model luft daggers before you see one of these, and anything SS is overpriced IMO because of the constant high demand for authentic SS items.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV flyers knife
    P
    Many

Lol well its always worth a ask Maximus.

What I mean is I see loads of original SS daggers floating through auctions at silly prices, god knows why theres loads about. However you get a proper rare dlv knife which you probably see no more than two a year (if your lucky) and they make under £700. So I think they are a very undervalued knife at the moment tbh.

Another interesting way of comparing is you look on a typical dealers website, lets take wittmanns site, you'll see countless SS daggers. Then you look at the flyers knifes, then deduct the re-leathered ones (as they aren't much of an example anyway) you'll see very few original flyers knives.

really beautiful knife..i love it ...one question: the NSFK knives are so scarce too or more easy to find than DLV ones?? thanks a lot...

One possible reason being that the NSFK was the Luftwaffe unit of the SA and SS..just as the NSKK was the motorized unit of the SA. These daggers as Mattty has said are so underated..as the NSFK had the same entitlements and rights as their SA SS HJ counterparts. More or less they were the airborne political organization.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by lucabrnroma View Post
    really beautiful knife..i love it ...one question: the NSFK knives are so scarce too or more easy to find than DLV ones?? thanks a lot...
    Hi Lucabrrnoma, If you can find a nickel version with the nskf stamp that's really nice and rare. Some even had the dlv and the nsfk which is even rarer, in fact I cant remember the last one I saw.
    Mines just the standard dlv, but for some reason I always get excited when I see or talk about these little knives. Please forgive me abit.

Completely agree with you Larry. Most of these glider pilots went on to join the Luftwaffe, but what many don't know is allot went on to join the SS.
    Interestingly out of all the museums ive been in Ive never seen a german glider. whether any still exist is a mystery to me?

best to you both matty

I think those gliders were made of such a light weight material..that possibly they would of crumbled or fell apart over time. Almost like those rubberband windup balsa wood planes.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

We do still have an American WWII glider here locally, as they were produced here,and they have a fine little museum here for it, but no such luck about a German version...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice bunch of DLV pieces guys I had one in my life it was the balloon man Helbig I think it had the K under the wings and the stamp on the scabbard it was missing the hanger and had some leather damage to scabbard. I wish I had it back that is the problem with being older the things we once had. I am sure I am not alone. timothy

Hi Wagriff, they've got a really nice us glider at Normandy (Pegasus bridge), also a section of a wrecked one which you get get in and sit down. Larrys probably right though which is a shame (about the german glider not that larrys right).
    I think I have the crown for regretting selling stuff Timothy so never feel alone- im right with you.
    best matty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2