Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DLV Glider Pilot Dagger

Article about: I found this listed near me as a DLV Glider Pilot Dagger made by Josef Munch Brotterode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He has it listed for \\$850 but said he will take no less than \\$

Default DLV Glider Pilot Dagger

I found this listed near me as a DLV Glider Pilot Dagger made by Josef Munch Brotterode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He has it listed for $850 but said he will take no less than $650. What do you thik?

I already bought the SA Buckle.

Thanks,

William

DLV Glider Pilot DaggerDLV Glider Pilot DaggerDLV Glider Pilot Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV Glider Pilot Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: DLV Glider Pilot Dagger

Going on the assumption that it is original - it's a little worn,
    but $650 is a really good price IMO. In the late 1970's,
    a mint one would have sold for $500.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It is not mint for sure but never sharpened or buffed that I could tell. The only thing I noticed is the leather loop for the clip is broken at the scabbard ring and someone at some time has tried to sew it back to gether.

?

Overall the dagger is in good condition minus the damage to the clip and 650 seems like a fair price

What sub catagorie should this be in? I cannot find any other DLV Daggers. Is there much of a demand for these?

Hi william check out the Luftwaffe sub forum here...Luftwaffe at War relics forum there are quite a few in there. Take a look see. Walkwolf is on the money about condition and price as it is worn somewhat. But still a decent example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That is not a bad deal at all, and the condition is decent considering how much these were actually used, minty ones sell for well over 1000, be glad it still has the hanger, alot of them are missing, even though someone tried to stitch it that really doesnt detract from the price, I would def get it for 650.
    Here is the link to mine, I just recently got my first one also not sure why its in the Bayonet Sub catagory lol
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...messer-275882/
    also here is a period photo showing the DLV Dagger in wear and yes I would kill to own that cap!
    DLV Glider Pilot Dagger

Thankyou Maximus,, this is a great supportive period in wear photo.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Wow, never seen anything like it!

Ryan

Steve & Maximus71,

The guy just agreed to $600. So you think I should go for it?

William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast