Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Fliegerschwert by Weyersberg

Article about: Hi Gerrit, I was completely lost for a while but comparing mine I can now see your leaves have been filled in by little squares - something I probably wouldn't have noticed without you meant

?

Default Early Fliegerschwert by Weyersberg

This early nickel sword has so much patina its almost black.
    The grip is looking great, leather is in good shape , double gripwire firm in place!
    The blade is in mint condition, nice dark etched logo and its marked with the stickbird "5" acceptance stamp.
    The scabbard is straight, no dent but the leather has some wear, mostly caused by a to dry storage, or just no maintance the last 70 years.
    The hanger is there in one piece but as you can see its ripped, it can be repaired but i leave it as it is.
    This high build quality sword has hand enhanced engravings on the side of the pommel, you will not see that on an alu late one..
    Enjoy this lovely sword!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by WeyersbergEarly Fliegerschwert by Weyersberg
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-29-2014 at 06:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Fliegerschwert by Weyersberg
    P
    Many

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Enjoy this lovely sword!
    Regards,
    Ger
    I did!!

Best Regards, Fred

?

Another great example Ger.. I don't know how you find them!!!!. Thanks for sharing Cheers Terry.

Dirty Girl on the outside....A Heart of silver on in the inside. Very Nice..and untouched example Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That's a great untouched sword with a great patina. The blade is in superb condition. I love it!

Danny

?

Thank you Gents for the kind words
    The good early ones are getting harder to get every year.....

Ger

Wow Gerrit really super example there.
    Just to contribute a bit for the new guys here.
    -Notice how the pommel swas is raised up slightly from the rest of the pommel? Nice feature in these early ones. As time went on the swas's became flatter and the radii of the pommel flattened.
    - Never polish up your early "swas's between the legs" of the swas is only an ultra thing silver wash that once gone never can be replaced. Many early swords have been cleaned. This one is pristine!

I congratulate you on your acquisition! well done.

I really need to get one of these, that is the perfect look IMO, Lakeside just had one like this, an early Eickhorn with unit markings, of course it sold in a matter of hours. Great addition to your already amazing collection!

Very Very nice sword Gerrit, ive got one very similar. IMO the nicest sword of the Third Reich and still reasonably priced!
    Think your wrong about the Alu not having the pattern on the pommel though.
    How Long is the blade?
    Best matty

?

Hi Matty,

i guess you didnt read my post the way i ment it, i wrote:
    This high build quality sword has hand enhanced engravings

"Hand enhanced"......is the keyword
    you see the block pattern is made by hand, they differ in depth and size, its like the hand enhanced pommels and eagles on the early Heer daggers

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast