Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe Help

Article about: Hi, I'm trying to establish a fair value on this Luftwaffe dagger in order to purchase it from the estate of my late uncle. Unfortunately, I don't know the history behind it, it was found in

elpato
    ?

Default Eickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe Help

Hi,
    I'm trying to establish a fair value on this Luftwaffe dagger in order to purchase it from the estate of my late uncle. Unfortunately, I don't know the history behind it, it was found in a box of other assorted firearms/military related items. I mainly collect US items, but as this was once owned by my family member, I would like to purchase it from the estate and add it to my collection. The dagger is in overall nice shape, and appears to me to be original. The grip has no cracks or chips, the wire is still there, but the blade has several small nicks down both edges, almost as if it was in contact with another blade. Other than that, it is bright, and still shows grain to the tip. Doesn't look sharpened or re tipped. I mainly collect US items, and am at a loss as to how to value this fairly, as I have seen prices all over the place. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!Eickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe HelpEickhorn 2nd Luftwaffe Help

2. # ADS

A pity that some one has played sword with this once fine Eickhorn 2nd Model Luftwaffe, as the damage to the blade will affect the value considerably. In it's present condition, I would not pay over $350 for it myself and I don't imagine that a Dealer would give you even that much, so figure accordingly. I like the honey bee yellow grip.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William has pretty much nailed it. If it didn't have family history, if I were you, I would have a hard time even paying that much for it.
    Very unfortunate!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The hardest part is the fact it still has some nice crossgraining on the blade..and the knicks as mentioned will detract from the value....... BUT..... ( I always like big Buts !)..... its not all that bad as a study tool of the period type fittings of this Producer. I buy beater daggers if reasonably priced.... to study the fittings....both internally and externally...no matter if the blade is knicked, or the over all daggers condition is poor..one thing poor condition can not hide is the fact of the identity of the producer..or new intricacies found.

I also feel that this dagger has been either recently opened or parted..as the ferrule ring meeting the lower part of the grip is unaligned. Regardless of its current condition..this dagger is still worthy of a review..and I would be curious to see photos of the top of the crossguard. The scabbard bands and pommel are Eickhorn IMO. When you get a chance..please another photo or 2 of the top of the crossguard. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I agree with what has been said above. The good news is that this is a textbook Eickhorn 2nd model lufwaffe dagger.

Danny

shame about the blade.$200 in my book.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    shame about the blade.$200 in my book.
    I have to disagree Harry.
    He could part it out, keep or toss the blade and still get more than that.
    JMHO,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

3 bills is fair

?

I would offer $225 $275 for it.
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-23-2014 at 06:22 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

If this dagger would remind you of your late uncle and it would bring a smile back on your face seeing it, then you pay whats necessary.
    That might even be a bit more then the actual market value that would be roughly said 250-275 dollars.

So its actually up to you....

Ger