Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.

Article about: Hi everyone. I just picked up this original Eickhorn yesterday. It's not perfect but it's in pretty good shape. Happy to have it in my collection... At least for awhile.

Default Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.

Hi everyone. I just picked up this original Eickhorn yesterday. It's not perfect but it's in pretty good shape. Happy to have it in my collection... At least for awhile.
    Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd model.
    P
    Many

Hi Nap Nice pick up and looks like you have a little gold gilt left in the pommel swaz...always nice to see that. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Naptime, very nice textbook Eickhorn 2nd. Luftwaffe dagger! I like it, because this daggers certainly saw some usage during Third Reich era...

Regards Peter

Thank you. I was happy to see a bit of the gold left on the pommel as well. The only significant flaw is that the bottom of the eagle/swaz has been damaged slightly. Would anyone be able to tell me if this is mid or late war? Is there a way of knowing? Thank you!

?

That's a very nice dagger indeed. Completely textbook Your dagger has the stamped trademark which means this dagger was produced somewhere around 1941/1942.

Danny

Congrats! Nice looking 2nd model.

Thanks for the nice words everyone and thanks for the date range, dr73!

?

Nice Eickhorn, thx for showing.

Ger

Very nice, indeed. And I have seen this same "damage" to the bottom foot of the swaz on these many a time. They must either have come that way from some flaw at the factory at some point, or else alot of them seems to have banged into the same thing at the same place. Either way, it's a fine Luft that's been there. I like how the apparently original owner tied his portapee. No fancy knot tying for That lad.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff, funny you should mention the knot because I am the reason it is incorrect. I stupidly wanted to learn how to tie them correctly so I removed the knot and the photos above are where it ended up. Any tips or advice on how to fix it? Thank you.