Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Engraved 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger.

Article about: I have been offered the dagger featured in the photo's. I have not seen it in the flesh so to speak. The seller has told me he has done some searching around on the net and with various deal

do people pay telephone numbers for items,for me no thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Engraved 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger.
    P
    Many

Some do, it depends on how deep the pockets are I guess.
    D

I love this stuff, and appreciate good value at any price range. But, if I spent 10k on a dagger, the post showing it off would be the last one you'd receive from me, as my wife will have killed me, cremated me and spread the ashes in a dark forest within an hour after that. You would probably find that dagger on the forum for sale under a different name within a week though, if you found yourself interested in it.

?

I think the dagger that is shown by Jersey is original, in great condition and very rare. As you know etched 2nd model lufts are rare, but etched 1st model lufts are a lot rarer. Would I pay 10k for it? no. Is it worth 10k?, I guess that depends on how bad you want it and how much money you want to spend on a dagger. If you compare this dagger to a chained SS dagger, I would say this one is rarer.

Danny

?

It is rare. Blade scares me a little with foggy nature to it and being cleaned it looks. $4,999.99 to $6,999.99 would be a great price with lots of Nines in it. As avenger says the wifey would kill me at 10K. My German Warbride Oma would say...."keine...stummen Kopf...entlassen" NO! Dumb Head! Dismissed.

Quote by dr73 View Post
    I think the dagger that is shown by Jersey is original, in great condition and very rare. As you know etched 2nd model lufts are rare, but etched 1st model lufts are a lot rarer. Would I pay 10k for it? no. Is it worth 10k?, I guess that depends on how bad you want it and how much money you want to spend on a dagger. If you compare this dagger to a chained SS dagger, I would say this one is rarer.

Danny
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

I chuckled about your comment about you being cremated and ashes spread in a dark forest by your wife. Guess maybe I have had the same threats against me with my militaria addiction. So in honor of your post which still has me laughing Avenger I have ordered you an authentic Nazi German Clay Ash Urn. Formed by the potters wheel and hands of Himmler himself. This rare prize comes with a pack of Chia Pet Seeds, fresh earth, fertilizer & planting directions for your wife. Most importantly a letter of authenticity comes with it as well.

Sorry...Late night on the Forum and with work last night. My collectors life was so boring for the last 30 years. Who new the Forum could be such fun!

Quote by avenger View Post
    I love this stuff, and appreciate good value at any price range. But, if I spent 10k on a dagger, the post showing it off would be the last one you'd receive from me, as my wife will have killed me, cremated me and spread the ashes in a dark forest within an hour after that. You would probably find that dagger on the forum for sale under a different name within a week though, if you found yourself interested in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Engraved 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger. 

An etched Krebs 1st Model Luftwaffe can Easily bring 10K and better. They are That rare. The etch on this one doesn't seem to be all that meticulous, but looks period, in my eyes. I've seen worse for more....Would I recommend buying it? You could do worse, but you definitely could get a better looking etched one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree this model is rare and understand rare = $$$$. I have always scratched my head at the price this 1st model luft maker commands with the double etched blade. I believe this mid war produced piece with fittings was made from pot metal and usually I see the nickel plating coming off and the gilded sunwheel swastikas are faded and gone of course. With the rare etch on the blade I know hard and scarce to locate. There are other makers in my opinion that made a great quality 1st model luft but don't have the Luftwaffe double etched blade and the Kreb makers mark that go for $10,000 to $20,000 less? There was a question about value the other day posted. I guess this is one of those times when we all have to just ask...What's in my wallet and is that really a price I can swallow. If so buy and enjoy. If money is no object and you have the mission to get every make and model blade then it is worth it.

?

Well Gents, the discussing now seem to be about its price rather then its condition.
    I think a that rare one needs a lot of pictures, the few mugshots are hardly showing it, cant even make up my mind about the materials, lets not even talk about the etch LOL

If you are loving a rare etch and have a stockload of cash...well this might be the one.
    I alsways keep far from anything with an etch blade ( except the KM blades of course.. )
    Disappointments concerning etched blade are Always the expensive ones...

a LW 1st pattern of this maker is not so hard to find and ive seen enough sold for less then 1K
    Its this etch on this blade worth 10K?
    i would rather buy 2 mint SS M33 early birds then an etch...but that is just me personally......
    Yes they are rare, but dealers created a market that was based on economy's that expand each year...
    For sure a dagger like this with a 5 digits pricetag in the present economy will be on that website very long..

Regards,
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2