Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I would like to ask you to help me identify if this dagger is original one or not and fair price for it in case it is good one. Here are pictures. Than

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    i see a lot of corrosion/patina on the knife where it aint been polished by hand or lanyard
    i think the same black/brown patina is on the rivets, otherwise when they would be copper/bronze the colour would slightly be different, might even be greenish.
    Here the pics so you can see what i mean.
    Ger
    Attachment 774901
    Ger,

Agree. was looking at the patina on the trigger as well. I think while we agree that this is a good one, the OP could put this to rest by posting a nice clear close up of the rivets.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help
    P
    Many

Guys in my opinion it's a good original take-down variety. No red flags for me!

I still have plenty to learn on these.. thanks guys! Kevin.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ger,

, the OP could put this to rest by posting a nice clear close up of the rivets.

Michael
    As well as the maker's mark.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As well as the maker's mark.
    Ralph.
    Hi,
    I have asked for better pictures. In case I receive it will post it.
    Mike

MAP
    ?

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Hi,
    I have asked for better pictures. In case I receive it will post it.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike. Glad we could help out.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Mike. Glad we could help out.

Michael

Hi guys,
    unfortunately the seller did not send me additional pictures and I can see only one reason. To hide something. Normally if somebody is offering something and is sure about originality should not have problem to send any kind and detailed pictures. Thank you for help with this one because the behaviour of seller is suspicious.
    Thanks, Mike

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    unfortunately the seller did not send me additional pictures and I can see only one reason. To hide something. Normally if somebody is offering something and is sure about originality should not have problem to send any kind and detailed pictures. Thank you for help with this one because the behaviour of seller is suspicious.
    Thanks, Mike
    All I can say to that is, "Walk away!". There will be others.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I think I have seen this on Craigslist - who was the seller? It might be someone we 'know'!!

Looks like from I see a complete original SMF takedown I don't know about the leather strap most I have seen are cloth with a snap hook. IMO timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2