Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Thanks for the cleaning tips Larry, I feel the same way as you as I do not like the yellowed look oil leaves on the blade as I want it to look like it did in the 1930s. The blade is not make

Default Re: First Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Thanks for the cleaning tips Larry, I feel the same way as you as I do not like the yellowed look oil leaves on the blade as I want it to look like it did in the 1930s. The blade is not maker marked. Those are some great looking daggers in your pictures. There are two types of First Model Luftwaffe daggers the first type had nickle fittings and was the earlier type intoduced in 1934 and is seen in the third photo you posted. The second type of the first model is was introduced in late 1935 and had aluminum fitting to have a more modern look. Mine is the first model second type 1935 and seen in the first of the three photos you posted. The second picture you posted is of the second model Luftwaffe dagger and it was introduced in 1937. I like that version of the second model as I have always been fond of the pumpkin colored grip. I friend of mine knows a guy that has a second model Luftwaffe Eickhorn with a pumpkin colored grip like that he said he would sell, he is going to try to get me some pictures of it but it will probably be next weekend before he is able to do so.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Official annoucment of the new Luftwaffe dagger in the Uniformen Markt trade magazine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Model Luftwaffe Dagger  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for sharing Ade. That is real interesting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2