Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers sword

Article about: Trying to find out information on this swords markings, and history behind the regiment any information would be appreciated

?

Default Flak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers sword

Trying to find out information on this swords markings, and history behind the regiment any information would be appreciated Flak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers swordFlak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers swordFlak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers sword
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-07-2015 at 11:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers sword
    P
    Many

Hi Lamont,..I retitled your thread title to draw help from those who are Knowledgeable in Luftwaffe formations. Hang tight..someone will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A nice slightly salted example, sometimes the same marking can be found on the throat of the scabbard, what does the blade look like and who is the maker?

?

The blade is in great condition the hardware could be polished but I'm not a fan of that
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers sword   Flak Regiment marked Luftwaffe officers sword  

Very nice sword. Here is the info you seek, albeit in German care of Lexicon.

Flak-Regiment 7

Flak-Regiment mit Regimentsstab und zwei Abteilungen, die getrennt voneinander eingesetzt wurden.

Stab / Flak-Regiment 7 (mot)

Aufgestellt am 26. August 1939 in Breslau zur Führung der Flakeinheiten des Luftgaus VIII. Der Stab fungierte dabei als Flakgruppe Niederschlesien. 1940 wurde der Stab nach Koblenz verlegt, wo er als Flugabwehrkommando Mosel fungierte. Im Juni 1940 wurde der Stab zum Stab der Flak-Brigade VII umgewandelt.
    Neu aufgestellt im Juni 1941 in Breslau. Der Stab wurde in Rußland eingesetzt und unterstand im Oktober 1942 der 15. Flak-Division. Dabei führte er die I. / Flak-Regiment 25, die I. / Flak-Regiment 61 und die II. / Flak-Regiment 241. Am 7. Oktober 1943 unterstand der Stab immer noch der 15. Flak-Division. Er führte dabei die I. / Flak-Regiment 7.
    Ab Mai 1944 unterstand der Stab der 17. Flak-Division, wo er die I. / Flak-Regiment 19, die I. / Flakartillerie-Schule I und die II. / Flak-Lehr-Regiment führte. Ab September 1944 unterstand der Stab der 10. Flak-Division und führte im Oktober 1944 die I. / Flak-Regiment 19,die gemischte Flak-Abteilung 373 (E) und die Scheinwerfer-Abteilung 620. Im April 1945 lag der Stab in Frankfurt an der Oder, unterstand der 23. Flak-Division und führte die II. / Flak-Regiment 14, die Flak-Abteilung 307, die Flak-Abteilung 495 und die Flak-Abteilung 540.

Kommandeure:

26. August 1939 Oberst Gotthard Frantz

22. Juni 1940 Oberst Hans-Georg Schreder

6. Juli 1941 Oberstleutnant Adolf König

Mai 1942 Oberstleutnant Ohnemüller

Juni 1942 Oberstleutnant Adolf König

November 1942 Oberst Günther Kretschmann

20. März 1943 Oberst Edmund Prigge

10. November 1943 Oberst Karl-Robert Greiner

April 1944 Oberst Fritz Seeger

September 1944 Oberst Karl-Robert Greiner

I. / Flak-Regiment 7 (gem. mot.)

Aufgestellt am 1. April 1935 in Wolfenbüttel aus der Flak-Abteilung 6 des Heeres mit fünf Batterien. Die Abteilung unterstand dem Höheren Kommandeur der Flakartillerie im Luftkreis VI und VII, ab Februar 1938 dem Luftgau-Kommando XI. Von April bis November 1935 wurde die Abteilung als Fahr-Abteilung Wofenbüttel bezeichnet. Ab Juli 1938 unterstand die Abteilung dem Luftverteidigungskommando 6. Am 15. November 1938 wurde die Abteilung zur I. / Flak-Regiment 36.
    Neu aufgestellt am 15. November 1938 aus der I. / Flak-Regiment 20 und dem Luftgaukommando VIII unterstellt. 1939 nahm die Abteilung am Polenfeldzug teil und unterstützte hier die 12. Armee. Im Mai 1940 nahm die Abteilung am Frankreichfeldzug unter dem Stab des Flak-Regiments 103 beim II. Flakkorps teil. Im Juni 1941 nahm die Abteilung unter dem Stab des Flak-Regiments General Göring beim II. Flakkorps am Rußlandfeldzug teil. Im Januar 1942 unterstand die Abteilung dem Stab des Flak-Regiments 104 bei der 9. Flak-Division, im August 1942 dem Stab des Flak-Regiments 4 bei der 17. Flak-Division und ab Oktober 1943 dem Stab des Flak-Regiments 7 bei der 15. Flak-Division. Ab März 1944 unterstand die Abteilung dann dem Stab des Flak-Regiments 153 bei der 10. Flak-Division. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt lag sie im Raum Kamenetz-Podolsk, wo sie im März 1944 schwere Verluste hinnehmen mußte. Ende 1944 wurde die Abteilung in Schlesien aufgefrischt, 1945 lag sie in Glatz.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lamont..it doesnt get any better than that. Home run information

Thankyou Ade

Cheers Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just a case of knowing where to look.

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Flak Regiment with regimental headquarters and two divisions that were used separately.

Bar / Flak Regiment 7 (mot)

Situated on 26 August 1939 in Wroclaw for guiding the flak units of Luftgaus VIII. The staff acted as flak group Lower Silesia. 1940 bar was moved to Koblenz, where he acted as air defense command Mosel. In June 1940, the bar was converted to the bar of the Flak-Brigade VII.
    Newly established in June 1941 in Wroclaw. The rod was used in Russia and was in October 1942, the 15th Anti-Aircraft Division. He led the I. / Flak Regiment 25, the I. / Flak Regiment 61 and the II. / Flak Regiment 241. On October 7, 1943, the bar was still under the 15 anti-aircraft division. He led The I. / Flak Regiment. 7
    As of May 1944, was the headquarters of the 17th Flak Division, where he led the I. / Flak Regiment 19, the I. / anti-aircraft artillery school I and II. / Flak-Lehr Regiment. Starting in September 1944, was the headquarters of the 10th Flak Division and led in October 1944 the I. / Flak Regiment 19, the mixed anti-aircraft section 373 (e) and the headlight unit 620. In April 1945, the bar was in Frankfurt an der Oder, was under the 23. Flak-Division and led the II. / Flak Regiment 14, the flak department 307, the flak department 495 and the anti-aircraft division 540th

Commanders:

August 26, 1939 Colonel Gotthard Frantz

June 22, 1940 Colonel Hans-Georg Schreder

July 6, 1941 Lieutenant Colonel Adolf King

May 1942 Lt. Col. Ohnemüller

June 1942 Lieutenant Colonel Adolf King

November 1942 Colonel Gunther Kretschmann

20 March 1943 Colonel Edmund Prigge

November 10, 1943 Colonel Karl-Robert Greiner

April 1944 Colonel Fritz Seeger

September 1944 Colonel Karl-Robert Greiner

I. / Flak Regiment (mot gem..) 7

Situated on 1 April 1935 in Wolfenbüttel from the anti-aircraft division 6 of the army with five batteries. The department was subordinate to the higher commander of the anti-aircraft artillery in the air circuit VI and VII, from February 1938 the Luftgau command XI. From April to November 1935, the department was called driving department Wofenbüttel. From July 1938, the department was under the air defense command 6. On November 15, 1938, the Department for I. / Flak Regiment 36 was.
    Newly established on 15 November 1938 the I. / Flak Regiment 20 and subordinated to the Luftgaukommando VIII. In 1939 the Division part of the Polish campaign and supported here the 12th Army. In May 1940, the Department participated in the campaign in France under the baton of Flak Regiment 103 during part II. Flakkorps. In June 1941 the Department took under the baton of Flak Regiment General Göring during II. Flakkorps part in the Russian campaign. In January 1942 the department was under the baton of Flak Regiment 104 at the 9th Flak Division, in August 1942 the crew of the Flak Regiment 4 in the 17th Flak Division and from October 1943 the staff of the Flak Regiment 7 in the 15th Flak Division. As of March 1944, the department was under the rod then the Flak Regiment 153 at the 10th Flak Division. At this time she was in the room Kamenetz-Podolsk, where they suffered heavy losses in March 1944th In late 1944 the department in Silesia has been refreshed, 1945, she was in Glatz.

Agree with the above comments, great sword with a great bit of history read up on.

Well found Ade

very nice sword looks untouched.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast