Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fliegerschwert by Eickhorn

Article about: Well guys, wish me luck! This is something I have admired for a long time but would not spend the required amount to get one in nice condition. In a week or two, I should be the proud owner

Default Fliegerschwert by Eickhorn

Well guys, wish me luck!
    This is something I have admired for a long time but would not spend the required amount to get one in nice condition. In a week or two, I should be the proud owner of this piece. I will be the first collector to own it. I believe this is an early nickel silver version but will not be sure until I have it in hand.
    I have an agreement with the current owner, who is the son of the vet who returned with it. It will also include his information. Apparently, he was shot down and became a POW.
    It also has a surprise which will remain secret until I am able to photograph it.
    Here are photos that a friend, who arranged this deal, sent to me.
    I'll let these photos do the talking until I receive it and take some more.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschwert by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

?

Hi Ralph,

this is the later ALU version in very good shape.
    It has the LW stickbird acceptance stamp, thats nice!
    Does it have unit markings underneath its crossguards?
    Portepee does not belong to it

Regards,
    Ger

Hello Ger,
    If you are sure it aluminum, I can't really tell. I don't know about any markings until I get it. I realize the portepee does not belong, but that is the way it was brought back.
    And the price is so good, I can't turn it down.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes Ralph im sure, the ALU parts dont pick up patina and the shape of the scabbard hangerrings are casted .
    Here an alu and a nickel silver SMF,note the difference......
    Regards,
    Ger
    Fliegerschwert by EickhornFliegerschwert by Eickhorn

Nice find Ralph!
    Gerrit is correct, you can always tell the alu's as the Gold is a lighter shade than the copper looking nickel versions.
    Quite nice to see the gold still remaining on the swaz's, they were aparently applied using some type of arsenic as it was the only way of getting it to hold at the time.
    Eickhorn went on use a really light rose gold rather than the nice colour you see on yours - It doesn't stand out well.

good luck with the completion,

I would have to say..if this were Nickel and all the silvering was still intact between the Pomml Swaz legs...that in itself is a find..and increases the value. I agree also that this is alluminum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys, I'll post more photos when I have it in hand.
    Ralph.

it's very nice Ralph great buy.

Excellent find Ralph you lucky swine i have been looking for a decent Alloy version for a while now and you turn this beauty up one i would most definatley have in my collection well done matey,
    cheers Ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Excellent find Ralph you lucky swine i have been looking for a decent Alloy version for a while now and you turn this beauty up one i would most definatley have in my collection well done matey,
    cheers Ronnie
    Thanks Ronnie!
    Just a stroke of luck. A friend knew the person that was interested in selling it. I have it in hand although no paperwork has shown up yet. I have not taken any new photos yet either.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast