Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine or not? Getting ready for sale.

Article about: Hi everyone. My family has owned this dagger for many years. I am beginning this process of selling it, but would like a concensus on whether it is genuine. Any opinions please? Cheers, Ben

?

Default Genuine or not? Getting ready for sale.

Hi everyone.

My family has owned this dagger for many years.

I am beginning this process of selling it, but would like a concensus on whether it is genuine.

Any opinions please?

Cheers, Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine or not? Getting ready for sale.
    P
    Many

?

Not sure, wait on others with more expertise to react. But it does look odd that some parts of the dagger has a different patina then the scabbard/blade.

?

Thanks mate

?

It looks like a genuine E & F Horster but it is in really poor condition, the pommel and cross guard have a different patina because they are made of aluminium and does not corrode like the steel scabbard. The rusty scabbard, chipped grip, worn cross guard and poor conditioned blade don't make this a very desirable dagger so I would not expect much for this. Still wait for more opinions on it being genuine though.

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum!

It is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks all for your replies. We all thought it was genuine, but after seeing some of the non genuine items, I was starting to doubt it.

Can you suggest a price? I would reckon about US$1 million (joking). Anything more realistic than this?

Have a look here at some prices on forum member Paul's site:

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Germa...l-Luft-Daggers

Sadly the condition is really against your dagger and this will hurt the value. Do not attempt to clean it though.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Genuine or not? Getting ready for sale. 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade. Your advice has been really helpful.

I'll let you know how its goes.

Kind regards,

Ben