Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

German 1st model, Luftwaffe dagger w/ F.W. Holler

Article about: by stuka f He is in! Best part of the deal was the price; 130€ (all in)! I am happy! cheers |< Super Mega Bargain Of The Century

Default Re: German 1st model, Luftwaffe dagger w/ F.W. Holler

I am not getting a good feeling about this dagger either Stuka. The blade seems to lack sharp definition as the other did and the crossguard is a sloppy looking cast. I have never seen a guard on one of these where the circle around the swaz protrudes down into the flat buffer plate(area below the arc of the crossguard that the buffer pad lies against) I have added a few pics of a Pack made mid period aluminum luft for comparison,they were one of the few makers that used swaz inserts on there mid period pieces such as yours. The grip wire is strange also, it is always twisted if it is the thicker main wire like this. There is straight wire used but it is VERY fine and complements the thicker twisted wire. It is my understanding that the inserts in the pommel were solid brass, not plated like your example also. I may be wrong of coarse,there are sooo many variations between the different makers,but I would not like this one. Kevin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 1st model, Luftwaffe dagger w/ F.W. Holler   German 1st model, Luftwaffe dagger w/ F.W. Holler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German 1st model, Luftwaffe dagger w/ F.W. Holler
    P
    Many

Thanks Kevin.
    I do see what you mean, with the lack of sharpness of the blade.
    The single wire also retained my attention in a negative way.
    But on the other hand, wood a post war made dagger be waring a RZM mark on a side that doesn't shows, as it does on the swastika insert for the pommel.
    The last remark could be wishfull-thinking... ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I thought the same thing,it did make me doubt that this was a fake. Many will say RZM marks were only for Political daggers and there accoutraments but Deluxe Luft Officer model hangers are marked RZM on the back! There are just too many other bad signs! This is the only reason I said I might be wrong. I hope I am, love to hear opinions from other dagger guys! Kevin.

Quote by heers68 View Post
    .... love to hear opinions from other dagger guys! Kevin.
    Of course!

cheers
    |<ris

?

Love the first type to, sorry yours aint the real deal, at first sight it looked great

Sorry to say Stukka but i agree with kevin there was a brass insert in the mid period 1st lufty's which was plated with silver or nickel then the raised swastica was buffed to give the inpression that it was seperate, on the early swasticas they looked like they were inlayed but where a one piece medallion soldered in place, also the grip wire looks totally wrong to me daggers of this "early to mid-period" usually had triple rows of silver, brass or copper wire on the grip sorry matey i do hope i am wrong,
    cheers Ronnie

Just had a opinion of some one who had a close look , and he told me it is a genuine one.
    To him something did happen over the years to the wire of the pommel and the lack of sharpness of the blade would be that it was havely polished. To him the RZM mark came from a party insigna that had been put on back then....

cheers
    |<ris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4