Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German Gravity Knife from the 5te Fallschirmjäger Division!

Article about: Here is a thread from the Luftwaffe forum that will show other makers of the gravity knife..I will ad F. Dick to the listing. Also included are these makers: Alcoso F.H. Helbig Malsch &

Default Re: German Gravity Knife from the 5te Fallschirmjäger Division!

Here is a thread from the Luftwaffe forum that will show other makers of the gravity knife..I will ad F. Dick to the listing.

Also included are these makers:

Alcoso
    F.H. Helbig
    Malsch & Ambon
    Paul Seilheimer
    SMF
    Paul Weyersberg
    WKC
    RB#. 0/0561/ 0019
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Gravity Knife from the 5te Fallschirmjäger Division!
    P
    Many

The arrow is for direction of installation of the take down style.
    I see more personalization of these than any other knife, as I have one also but with initials.
    It very well could be period done IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

That solves the logo problem - Not by F. Dick ! - Thanks Eric.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Look at the 5 FJD inscription , those small indentations along the straight edges have been made by a power tool and not by someone scratching with a knife

Does this information come from the same collector who provided you this information seen here on this link?....European Theatre Helmet value?.
    IMO your story does not carry too much weight after reading the thread link I just posted,, which also has raised doubt with some experienced collectors of OVER 20 YEARS. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sadly, I think that someone has ruined a perfectly fine take down model gravity knife by adding these markings to the grip panel. I wonder if the panel could possibly be replaced with an appropriately aged wooden piece and restored to it's original configuration.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sadly, I think that someone has ruined a perfectly fine take down model gravity knife by adding these markings to the grip panel. I wonder if the panel could possibly be replaced with an appropriately aged wooden piece and restored to it's original configuration.
    Sadly the cost would exceed the value, as I have checked into restoring mine.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I would hate to disturb the wood as the pins are already aged..but it is ashame to see this happen to history.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Does this information come from the same collector who provided you this information seen here on this link?....European Theatre Helmet value?.
    IMO your story does not carry too much weight after reading the thread link I just posted,, which also has raised doubt with some experienced collectors of OVER 20 YEARS. Regards Larry
    No this isn't the same collector. I do not understand why some of you don't understand that here in Luxembourg you only find relics in the earth or in barns because of the battle in bulge!

An yes the initials are made by a machine, sorry I thought "scratch" would describe this because my english isn't as good. So you think the "initials" aren't from that period?

?

I think a very careful and symathetic restoration/repair could b acheived here ,the value has been severely affected anyway , plus it could be done without disturbing the pins or removing the grips

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast