Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German luftwaffe dagger - please help

Article about: hi everyone can someone explain this one to me , I am no expert , and my friend found this one in flea market , he thinks of buying it but was asking my opinion and I cant say much from the

?

Default German luftwaffe dagger - please help

hi everyone can someone explain this one to me , I am no expert , and my friend found this one in flea market , he thinks of buying it but was asking my opinion and I cant say much from the pictures except for the pommel , which looks like luftwaffe , I was thinking it was reassembled with different parts . Any thoughts ? thanks for your help .German luftwaffe dagger - please helpGerman luftwaffe dagger - please helpGerman luftwaffe dagger - please helpGerman luftwaffe dagger - please help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German luftwaffe dagger - please help
    P
    Many

Your right mate, Luftwaffe pommel blade & scabbard (with the carrying rings & bands missing) the rest as they say is pure fantasy cheers Paul Welcome aboard WRF by the way

It's different at least pure junk as already stated, and welcome aboard the good ship lollipop

Hi Karl welcome to the forum..and thankyou for posting. Too many collectors new to the hobby or a different field of study..are misled..by the adorned swastika..applieed to what is good and also pure junk..as stated above..in this case..is pure junk. The Pommel being from a 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger and the scabbard which is missing the 2 carrying bands.

A great area of study would be within our own Luftwaffe dagger sub forum here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/luftwaffe/
    and you will see the pommel to where it comes from on these mid to late period daggers.

A most pleasing visual attribute on these daggers and also on " Heer / Army " daggers are the grips that age in color growing darker..mostly starting from a lighter color and ending from a nice pumpkin orange to an almost deep burgundy in some cases. I feel each branch of service that these daggers were offered..has there own personal trait about them..that attracts the collector in wanting to know more about them and the history from which they came. Enjoy your stay here..and any questions please ask..we have many knowledgeable Gents here that are quite precise within their own collecting nature. Thanks for sharing. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to WRF forum and information that helped me a lot. Nice to be in the forum!

welcome,if it dirt cheap buy it as a curio and I mean cheap cheap.

?

harryamb2 whats cheap cheap in your opinion ?

?

Hi Karl...Welcome to the Forum. Value is tough. Cheap, Cheap is $50 - $75 for the parts or what your pocket will allow you spend. I would rather just have the pommel alone by itself or maybe the scabbard but that is pretty salty as well and blade is shot. Hard to say even what dirt cheap is? Saw a nice pommel on line the other day for $95.00 so it is really what you want to use it for or value it at. The rest is not worth anything.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com