Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer or Luft dagger?

Article about: Someone that I bought a buckle from also has this dagger. What service is it and what are the accessories attached? Scabbard also looks to have some design on it. Are these daggers ceremonia

Default Heer or Luft dagger?

Someone that I bought a buckle from also has this dagger. What service is it and what are the accessories attached? Scabbard also looks to have some design on it. Are these daggers ceremonial or were they fighting knives? What kind of asking price on something like this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer or Luft dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer or Luft dagger?
    P
    Many

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: Heer or Luft dagger?

It is a Luftwaffe type 2 ceremonial dagger. I doubt if many people were killed in combat with them! It has a hanger, and a portopee on it. I wonder about the scabbard. I have never seen a black one before. I think it is bogus. The price depends on a lot of things - like having an original scabbard. How is the blade?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    It is a Luftwaffe type 2 ceremonial dagger. I doubt if many people were killed in combat with them! It has a hanger, and a portopee on it. I wonder about the scabbard. I have never seen a black one before. I think it is bogus. The price depends on a lot of things - like having an original scabbard. How is the blade?
    I do not have any more pics of it. He got it from his uncle (a wwii vet) along with the buckle I bought, a belt and another belt&buckle.

ww2fotos
    ?

One thing I have learned quickly is that there were not 50 million USA WW 2 vets. But there sure is a lot of brought back by vets stuff on the market. Nowadays I seldom believe that old BS - unless I meet the vet, and he is wearing a "WW2 vet" hat.

Nice original 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger. For dress wear only. Price around $500 to $600 when complete like yours.

Cheers, Ade.