Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hermann Goring's lost dagger

Article about: Here is a nice Roger Steele copy, from the 70's. Where this incredible copy is today...is unknown. Johnny R.

Default Re: Hermann Goring's lost dagger

Here is a nice Roger Steele copy, from the 70's. Where this incredible copy is today...is unknown.

Johnny R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goring's lost dagger   Hermann Goring's lost dagger  

Hermann Goring's lost dagger  
    Last edited by johnnyrocket; 11-14-2011 at 01:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goring's lost dagger
    P
    Many

You hit apon the infamous Hollywood Hobbies 60's 70's Roger Steele.He also had many stories that went with his "ITEMS" and was featured in a 1970's or 1980's N.Y. Times article with Tom Wittmann interviewing him.I have FAKES & FRAUDS Publication Vol.I &II about him and his eventual dimise by an irate collector who [the story goes] beat him to death and so went ole Steele baby!Carl

Roger Steele's reputation definitely proceeded him—for sure. Wondering if anyone would know who made his fake "Goering Reich Marshalls" dagger, and where it is today?

Johnny R.

Hopefully you and the other members will be able to know of all the Fantasy pieces of Goring and others will be made clear to you! Right now its not put together and you will be taken aback when you read what these thieves did back in the good ole days!!Hope when it becomes available you will enjoy it as will the other members.Nothing makes me as P.O. As a collector/dealer who will screw a new guy or novice by deception!Carl

What a rare dagger and tragic story.

I'm wondering, does anyone know who owns the Goering's Wedding Sword today?
    I notice that "Wolfe-Hardin" has on pictured in their site: Wolfe-Hardin - Finest Quality Antiques

Johnny R.

I seem to remember a story about an officer at the Spandau prison who befriended Goering and did some favorers for the Field Marshall.This officer had the key to the prison property room.Goering would ask the officer to get a letter to his wife and in return he would give him some of his personal stuff like a gold watch and a cigarette case,maybe he gave this dagger to him and it is sitting in a attic somewhere in the U.S. (sounds like a good movie plot)

His Batons will probably soon be on eBay from a Chinese seller..........keep your eyes open!

?

For conversation's sake... if the dagger wasn't taken down ... and it was avaliable today.. can we guess a value?

The rarity of the dagger would probably be compared to the wedding sword. I would guess between $200,000- to $500,000.

Johnny R.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hermann Goring's lost dagger  Hermann Goring's lost dagger 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast