Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I found this 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Hey guys, I came across this 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger for sale and I want to know what its value is so I can make a fair offer. As you can see from the pictures, it looks pretty beat up, b

Default I found this 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Hey guys, I came across this 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger for sale and I want to know what its value is so I can make a fair offer. As you can see from the pictures, it looks pretty beat up, but for some reason that is what I like about it! Let me know if you are skeptical of anything because I do not know much about Luftwaffe daggers. I am trusting you guys on this one. Thanks

These are the only pictures I have to work with, so hopefully they will be satisfactory.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I found this 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: I found this 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Yikes-Looks like he went down in the English Channel.Looks original I would guess maybe $250.00.

Quote by operaman View Post
    Yikes-Looks like he went down in the English Channel.Looks original I would guess maybe $250.00.
    haha I agree, thanks. Lets wait and see what other people think to

I would offer him $50 and the put some Rem oil on it...IMO

I don't know if you could safely remove the extensive rust on this piece and it's scabbard or not. I would have to Really think hard if I would want to venture even a couple hundred dollars into it. It's pretty far gone. Maybe the grip would clean up abit better, but I'd be Real careful trying it. It could disintegrate. Is there a legible makers mark? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yea thats the problem William being that old and rusty, taken a big chance on even touching it.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I don't know if you could safely remove the extensive rust on this piece and it's scabbard or not. I would have to Really think hard if I would want to venture even a couple hundred dollars into it. It's pretty far gone. Maybe the grip would clean up abit better, but I'd be Real careful trying it. It could disintegrate. Is there a legible makers mark? William

I have no idea if there is a makers mark. I have not seen the blade in person, only in pictures. It was listed on eBay, and it was dropped from the listings by eBay. I sent the guy a message before it ended saying I was interested. If I end up buying it I will probably just keep it the way it is.

?

I think ,most of it will clean up a little better than that, but its the hand grip i would worry about, its starting to crack up already and its possibly wood under the plastic/composite covering which may have rot set in , its definately a careful restore needed but i reckon its possible

I would say $150 max on it...

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    I would offer him $50 and the put some Rem oil on it...IMO
    In this poor condition, the piece has little value. I must agree with Teutonicknights opinion. These daggers are very common. Why invest good money in something that can never be made to look presentable?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast