Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

LF dagger opinions

Article about: I was interested in this dagger, which is at a local auction. Based on these photos (all I have), is there anything overtly wrong w/ this dagger.

?

Default LF dagger opinions

I was interested in this dagger, which is at a local auction. Based on these photos (all I have), is there anything overtly wrong w/ this dagger.
    Attached Images Attached Images LF dagger opinions  LF dagger opinions 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LF dagger opinions
    P
    Many

?

Need better pictures...blade, etc...First glance it looks like a reproduction to me. Look for makers mark on blade and take about 6-8 more pictures. Shoot a close up of blade, handle, crossguard eagle, pommel, ferrule, etc...Eagle looks sketchy to me but could be blurry pictures. Looks a little too pristine and good to my eyes to be the real deal but with better pictures it will help. More will weigh in soon as well with thoughts and opinions.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks. It is going to be auctioned in a few hours at a local auction house. If it is a repro, how much would it go for?

Hi Pablo save your money..this is a well known fake..which the artificial antiquing or Patina is laquered. The grip wires regardless of authenticity..are unwound from the grip. Take notice to the grip eagle being a fat turkey type which has afriendly look to its face compared to the more mean looking Grip eagles. There are Better @nd Lufts to be had..that are complete and unmessed with.

Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    Wittmann Antique Militaria
    Meda Militaria Home

Take a look through this forum with some of the other threads and you will see some great differences between the one you posted and authentic. You have already saved yourself some money and heart ache by bringing it here first. Thanks for showing Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Repros are $35 US..enough for movie tickets and popcorn....you will enjoy the movie better than the dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks. It is going to be auctioned in a few hours at a local auction house. If it is a repro, how much would it go for?
    "what is a repro worth to you" If it is a fake? If you do reenacting or want it for a prop buy it for $50.00 - $70.00. Reproductions are worthless to me personally. I am not a betting man but I bet 98% this is a fake!

?

Thanks! This forum is assume and I appreciate the opinions of folks who know this stuff. I'll have to make a donation!

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks! This forum is assume and I appreciate the opinions of folks who know this stuff. I'll have to make a donation!
    Larry C is a trusted Dagger Brother amongst other great collectors on here. Rent Saving Private Ryan, Fury and American Sniper and don't buy that repro as Larry encouraged.

?

Thanks! I will spend my Friday afternoon with a beer instead of going to this auction.

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks! I will spend my Friday afternoon with a beer instead of going to this auction.
    I don't ever buy repros....But when I do I cry hard and drink beer...Stay Collecting Original Daggers my Friend
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LF dagger opinions