Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luft. 2nd Model dagger by Puma

Article about: Hi Guys, Shown below id a Luftwaffe second model dagger that I picked up last year. There are a few small issues with it but I didn't pay a lot for it and I am happy with it. As always your

Default Luft. 2nd Model dagger by Puma

Hi Guys,

Shown below id a Luftwaffe second model dagger that I picked up last year. There are a few small issues with it but I didn't pay a lot for it and I am happy with it.
    As always your comments are appreciated whether good or bad. Thanks, Bob

A little history about the Puma co. from pumaknifeman.com.

PUMA-WERK, Lauterjung & Sohn, currently employing about 100 highly qualified staff members, has remained in family ownership since its foundation over 200 years ago. Johann Wilhelm Lauterjung had his first trade mark entered into the renowned Solingen Master Cutlers Guild register as long ago an 1769, before the French Revolution and the invention of the steam engine. Using this trade mark a long and fruitful period of hard-working craftsmanship followed for the founder working together with his son, Johann Wilhelm Lauterjung (1755-1820), and grandson, Nathanael Lauterjung (1784-1839), in a cottage alongside the Wupper river. Solingen's craftsmen had very early learned to harness the water power of the Wupper to drive their grinding stones. In the Lauterjung workshop the first famous knives were, at that time, ground on heavy natural stones. At the beginning of the nineteenth century there were still 93 grinding cottages and six drop-hammer forging shops in operation, for cutlery products, along the Wupper and its seven tributary streams.

The invention of the steam engine also led to structural changes within the cutlery industry. More and more firms moved into the centre of the then still small town of Solingen.

Thus Mathanael Lauterjung (1815-1865), a great-grandson of the founder, also moved his company to Solingen. This workshop rapidly expanded so that Ernst Otto Lauterjung (1855-1931) was able to set up the company's first small factory. At that time special care was taken to manufacture various items of cutlery of particularly high quality. The programme included razors, haircutting scissors, pocket knives, but also "cold arms", such as stilettos, hunting knives and sabres. Valuable hand-painted catalogues still convey an impression of this very varied range of cutlery.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft. 2nd Model dagger by Puma
    P
    Many

A nice honest example. May have been cleaned at one time.
    Congrats Bob!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

beautiful Puma and fantastic photos. Very crisp detail. Still working on that with my camera.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice dagger, Great photos
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Well done on 2 points Bob..the dagger and the research you posted to support it. I applaud that
    and a not so common producer .
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Well done on 2 points Bob..the dagger and the research you posted to support it. I applaud that
    and a not so common producer .
    Regards Larry
    I think he went 3 for 3 Larry. High Quality Photos being the 3rd! But far be it from me to challenge a Mod

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agreed and my oversight of course..because if it wasnt for the clear photos..the details would be lost....... 3 for 3
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You guys are too much Thanks for the kind words! Bob

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    You guys are too much Thanks for the kind words! Bob
    I just like razzing Larry