Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luft Dagger by Adolf Braun, Berlin

Article about: Hi, I am new on this site and new to collecting. I am aware of how many replicas there are in this field and found this DLV/1st patt. Luftwaffe dagger by a maker I haven't heard of: It says:

Frankie
    ?

Cool Luft Dagger by Adolf Braun, Berlin

Hi, I am new on this site and new to collecting. I am aware of how many replicas there are in this field and found this DLV/1st patt. Luftwaffe dagger by a maker I haven't heard of:
    It says: 'Adolf Braun, Berlin' on the blade. Tongue-in-cheek, I thought of Eva and Adolf's offspring, but searched the name. It's could be a manufacturer connected to Alexander Coppel? An early manufacturer/distributer, but not blade maker? Is this scarce for a 1st pattern and what is your view on the DLV / transitional claim?
    Thanks

Transitional DLV dagger shortened by original owner to conform with 1st pattern Luftwaffe standards. Early example with rare marked blade of accouterment retailer: 'Adolf Braun Berlin'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Dagger by Adolf Braun, Berlin  
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Luft Dagger by Adolf Braun, Berlin

Here is a list of makers for the DLV and welcome to the forum.
    Can you post some pics of it.
    DLV......Deutscher Luftsport-Verband

Adolf Braun
    Carl Eickhorn
    Carl Heidelberg
    J.A. Henkels
    Paul Weyersberg
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Frankie welcome tothe forum,, I removed the link which when the item becomes sold at that site it is posted on,,,the thread will become useless with no photo documentation. Thank you for posting your concern and the link,,but for future posts which would help greatly for this forum,,,, if you can save the photo to your computer first,,then post it here. Best Regards Larry

Check out this link for other Luftwaffe producers..as Eric has pointed those who made this type example

Luftwaffe Dagger Producers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Frankie
    ?

Hi Larry,

Thanks - I have saved the other picture from War & Son's website to accompany the one above.
    Luft Dagger by Adolf Braun, Berlin

It says Adolf Braun on the blade, but is not a DLV dagger. It appears to be a 1st pattern Luft? Does anyone know officers shorten the blades and scabbards themselves?

Hi frankie welcome to the forum, pick up a copy of Whittmanns Exploring the Dress Daggers of the German Luftwaffe, it will help you tremendously.

?

Erik,

little note to your list: Braun is in fact not a makers mark, but the mark of a distributor

cheers,
    Ger