Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft Dagger- SMF

Article about: Thank You Ade, thats all i'm looking for is just reasonable conversation on posabilities and theories. i'm not claiming any thing . i'm only asking for the thoughts of other collectors on th

Hal
    ?

Default Luft Dagger- SMF

Guys; would like to show a few pics of this well-worn 2nd model luft. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Dagger- SMF   Luft Dagger- SMF  

Luft Dagger- SMF   Luft Dagger- SMF  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Dagger- SMF
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luft Dagger- SMF

Very nice. I like.

d-lux hangers too. I need to get some of those myself.

Thanks for showing

?

nice 2nd luft. i like the delux hangers to. is it just the lighting or are they gold wash?
    andrew

Hi Hal, as usual, a great item to your usual high standards.

Hi Andrew, the hangers look like the deluxe option with the gilt wash to me too. Often sold by some dealers in the past as so called "Generals" hangers.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hal has shown some beauties.
    Ade, i have heard the gold wash was general's and general staff. would be nice to know for sure what the point was.
    andrew

Hi Andrew, that info I now beleive is out dated. I think period sales cataloges make no distinction between rank or position and these were simply a more expensive option for an officer to choose from. Also the amount which survive today in collections would indicate the latter; so many are around would mean a lot of Generals etc.

One of mine has gilt traces but it is 99% gone.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade,
    thanks and i tend to agree. i was always curious about the term " General staff " i took it to mean not the general's them self's. but admin officers. like the idea of admin used gold wash, and line officers used silver ? like the navy had a gold and silver knot for line and admin officers. just speculation on my part really. we go by what we learn early on, untill we learn differently lol.
    andrew

Hal
    ?

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments, and I agree; the gilt wash has nothing to do with 'Generals'. Best Regards, Hal

?

perhaps i'm not getting my meaning on " General staff " across.
    General Staff are not Generals. they are administrative officers of all grade under general.
    line officers are not " general staff " as i understand it.
    there were far more general staff than generals, and while we do find alot of gold wash hangers, we find more that are not.
    i agreed they were not just for general's i'm only trying to clarify IF it is a possability, that the gold wash could represent administrative officers and silver for line officers, like the navy had a silver or gold knot to designate admin and line.
    would conversation on it hurt?
    andrew

Hi Andrew, it is a good theory and debate is always welcomed here.

But I am certain these were just an optional purchase. I wish I could show you where I read it, but I have no idea now where it was.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast