Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luft etched Voos with resoldered blade

Article about: Hi all...i suppose that it s a genuine dsgger..but i wonder how much the repair of the Blade bear the Edge can affect the value...many thanks

Default Luft etched Voos with resoldered blade

Hi all...i suppose that it s a genuine dsgger..but i wonder how much the repair of the Blade bear the Edge can affect the value...many thanksLuft etched Voos with resoldered bladeLuft etched Voos with resoldered bladeLuft etched Voos with resoldered bladeLuft etched Voos with resoldered bladeLuft etched Voos with resoldered blade

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft etched Voos with resoldered blade
    P
    Many

Love these Emil Voos daggers alot..I suppose because of desirability they will still seem to hold most of their value based on condition.

The resoldered blade is a bit of a detriment but for the collector who never had a Voos example would look the other way and concentrate on the type of dagger..the producer and the one of a kind panel etch.

Just my thoughts

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is that actually a ivory grip?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Is that actually a ivory grip?
    Yes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Yes.
    Ralph.
    Very cool.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very cool.
    Voos are one of few makers that are known for this detail.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Many thanks for your help....i know that for dagger collectors the blade is everything...would you take it in your collection or pass?
    Big question ahaha

I would pass on this one due to the damage.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would pass on this one due to the damage.
    Well Ade im on your side.....BUT....besides that....take a good look at the parts that are used........it might be just an Eickhorn luft with a swapped blade and grip.......

Totally not my cup of tea!

Ger

A shame about the blade, as the rest of the piece looks excellent. Ivory grip,beautiful engraving on the blade, details to the guard,etc. But for me, I, too, would have to say that I would not want it. The welded blade makes it highly unlikely to ever gain much value and for most blade collectors that I know-including myself-the repair is a deal breaker.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."