Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Luft Gravity knife

Article about: Hi All Opinions needed for this gravity knife by advance thanks Kind regards

Just some trivia - probably called a 'Punch Nose' because of Punch & Judy puppets. Punch's nose was/is bulbous......

Dan ( that's the only useless thing I can offer )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Gravity knife
    P
    Many

Im still backing the same horse on this one guys, its been extremely overcleaned but its ok.

I have enclosed a link to the replica gravity knife type im aware of. I appreciate they're always getting better, so I ask if anybody can supply a link to the type of gravity knife in question please do.

Military Antiques, WWI WWII Antiques and Collectibles | Military Antiques Museum 10887

Some other opinions on this knife.
    Gravity Knife - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Oh, quit worrying ....just send it to me and the problem will be gone.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great thread Guys..very informative..and gentlemenly
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

what do you think of this maker mark king?? it's from a I luftwaffe fliegerdolch many thanks
    Luft Gravity knife

SMF logo is original, but the blade was destroyed by excessive polishing, and buffer pad is replaced.

Regards
    Vedran

thanks vedran

?

This 1st pattern SMF is ok.
    Although it has a replaced bufferpad i think the blade is ok.
    SMF used polished nickel plated blades on their first pattern nickel silver daggers.
    So i cant see this one is polished dead, still a lot of shine on that polished nickel plated blade left.
    I don't share Verdrans opinion.

Regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-13-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Gerrit is correct in saying this is a nickel plated blade. A shine like this is completely normal, most likely been shined up a tad but this is how they are.

Thinking back we never got to the bottom of the gravity knife originally posted which must be a first. Needs to be in the near perfect repro's if its bad guys as this ones worth seeing imo.

regards matty

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast