Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft Paratrooper Knife

Article about: Update. Under the removable crossguard it is also marked 720 that matches the markings on the blade guide. So appears to be matching (although there is no markings under the lever). Sorry no

MAP
    ?

Default Luft Paratrooper Knife

Got a line on this one.

Appears to be a well used 2nd pattern gravity knife.

Pictures are real poor but was wondering if there are any red flags or if there is anything else that can be said based on what little we can see. Can't see if it has the stick bird on the awl.

Should have it in hand to view in a week or so.

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Luft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper Knife
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Paratrooper Knife
    P
    Many

I've never owned a takedown version, but I've had a couple of the nontakedown gravity knives. I don't see any red flags on this one. It looks like a well worn original. Check beneath the trigger as well for a marking and inside the crevice at the bottom near the metal loop. Not sure of the maker.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I've never owned a takedown version, but I've had a couple of the nontakedown gravity knives. I don't see any red flags on this one. It looks like a well worn original. Check beneath the trigger as well for a marking and inside the crevice at the bottom near the metal loop. Not sure of the maker.
    Yes, will do. Thanks for the feedback.

It is a bit salty but don't have one yet and I like the salty look sometimes.

I buy from this dealer all the time. His stuff has always (almost) been 100% legit. And the one or two items that were not he took back.

Thanks!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think it's a nice original example too. Maker: possibly WKC. Should you wish to disassemble it, take great care doing so.

MAP
    ?

Quote by theaussie View Post
    I think it's a nice original example too. Maker: possibly WKC. Should you wish to disassemble it, take great care doing so.
    Thanks. Yes, these are very fragile and heard the spring is prone to breaking.

regards,

Michael

Looks like take down version RBN marked always look for brass rivits on grips as that is what is used on fakes Marlin spike should possibly have a Luft stickbird proof droop wing eagle over 5 or 6. Just from picture looks ok. I have only owned one takedown in past I have a couple of first model (Non takedown) ones in combat shape the springs and back strap break in these pretty easy so be careful. timothy

MAP
    ?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Looks like take down version RBN marked always look for brass rivits on grips as that is what is used on fakes Marlin spike should possibly have a Luft stickbird proof droop wing eagle over 5 or 6. Just from picture looks ok. I have only owned one takedown in past I have a couple of first model (Non takedown) ones in combat shape the springs and back strap break in these pretty easy so be careful. timothy
    Thanks! will look for those points when I have it in hand. Don't expect to take apart unless it is absolutely needed. I always hear how fragile they are.

Assume the first model is the more desirable of the two. Correct?

I have a 1970/80's Bundswehr version of this knife that I use all the time. I absolutely love the one handed operation of these.

Michael

I think the second model usually sells for more I know a lot of collectors want it I see far less 2nd model takedown than first model ones. I like them both. timothy

MAP
    ?

Quote by timothy View Post
    I think the second model usually sells for more I know a lot of collectors want it I see far less 2nd model takedown than first model ones. I like them both. timothy
    Interesting. I thought it was the other way around. But either way, not an issue with me. If price is right, it will be my first.

Michael

MAP
    ?

Well it has finally arrived. "Been there" but in good shape. Some small dings to the blade and minor rust/patina but I like it. Looks 100%. Here are some pictures.

Any and all comments welcome.

Regards,

Michael

Luft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper KnifeLuft Paratrooper Knife

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast