Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe 2nd Dagger by Tiger

Article about: Just a question for the Luft guys..is it common for Tiger 2nd Lufts to have "Twisted wire " on the grip and not springy?....This is only a question of maintenance. Regards Larry

Just a question for the Luft guys..is it common for Tiger 2nd Lufts to have "Twisted wire " on the grip and not springy?....This is only a question of maintenance. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd Dagger by Tiger
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Just a question for the Luft guys..is it common for Tiger 2nd Lufts to have "Twisted wire " on the grip and not springy?....This is only a question of maintenance. Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,

I have a nice 2nd Luft by Tiger, and the wire appears to be both 'twisted' and 'springy' at the same time, but you need to look at it under a loup to be able to see the effect, as it's a lot finer than on other daggers i've seen.

If you like i'll post some pic's of it tomorrow, gotta charge the camera, but should I post them here for continuity or start a new thread?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned!......that would be great and please post them here to show the differences between the grip wire...and a separate thread...at your convenience would be appreciated. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Anzel,
    well, I tell you the truth, your dagger has crossguard that I never seen before. Your crossguard is very similar to Paul´s Weyersberg, E & F Horster dagger and is also seen on daggers which has no marker mark. Pommel is very interesting too, I check Thomas Wittmann book and I can´t find it. It is very similar to pommel which use E. Pack, but there are also some differences. Only scabbard is typical W.K.C. product.

Tiger was very small producer which often purchase parts from other producers and after that he finished them in house. Tiger daggers are usually find with Generic (W.K.C.) produced parts, I never saw Tiger dagger with your dagger configuration. Really I can´t tell you if this dagger is OK, or it is partial dagger. Maybe somebody else on this forum can...

Regards Peter

Here's a couple of quick shots taken with the USB microscope showing the grip wire under high magnification and the trademark that looks to be double stamped (hadn't noticed that before). I know that these 'Tiger' brand trademarks appear with various different anomalies and have read that the stamp used was actually a 2 piece affair, and consequently things got double stamped, missed off etc.

I'll do a proper thread tomorrow regarding the whole shebang.

Regards, Ned.

Luftwaffe 2nd Dagger by TigerLuftwaffe 2nd Dagger by Tiger
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

So gentlemen, does this seem to be a parts dagger in its current form?

Peter,
    Do any of the pieces seem fake or all authentic from your knowledge? Did tiger only purchase WKC parts for there daggers? Do you think the crossguard is fake?

Ned,
    Thanks for your photos of handle wire set up on your tiger...the one I'm looking at is definitely lacking the "spring" construction.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Hi Ned thanks for the photos and looking forward to the "Shebang" when your ready. The grip photo you posted has a commonly seen twisted springy type wire....that most of the larger producers used and the smaller producers used the twisted 2 strand wire..that were either brass,, copper aluminum or silver. Some examples also have been encountered that the larger producers also used what was on hand at the time..concerning the twisted wire application.
    The double hit is common also..as the craftsman with the hammer needed make sure he found his mark..which would result in a double hit effect...this also is very commonly seen with SA gruppe marks and SS District stampings. Regards Larry

Nice pic's there Ned this grip wire I am pretty sure was only used by Tiger, looks like the correct one to me (on Ned's pics) they did use other wire also,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Nice pic's there Ned this grip wire I am pretty sure was only used by Tiger, looks like the correct one to me (on Ned's pics) they did use other wire also,
    cheers Ronnie
    Ronnie,
    What is your take or opinion of the thread starting tiger dagger? Just curious before I buy it or walk away.
    Best,
    Anzel

Hi anzel,
    In my opinion dagger parts like pommel and crossguard and other also is authentic. But as I say above I never saw this type of crossguard, so I´am not sure with it. If I have a chance to purchase this dagger, I leave it and rather buy textbook dagger.
    And yes, Tiger purchase parts mostly from W.K.C. look at Ned´s dagger - it is text book. So conclusion is that you can purchase nice dagger and if it is authentic and no partial it will be certainly good buy, but if not, you know... Now you have to decide

Sorry I can´t tell you better info

Regards Peter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast