Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS

Article about: Hi everyone just wanted to show my new luftwaffe 2nd model dagger made by ROBERT KLAAS. Apparently the Klaas company didn't make to many luft daggers. this one has nice aluminum fittings tha

Default luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS

Hi everyone
    just wanted to show my new luftwaffe 2nd model dagger made by ROBERT KLAAS. Apparently the Klaas company didn't make to many luft daggers. this one has nice aluminum fittings that match. and has a really nice scabbard thats very dark. good patina! the crossguard has nice detail with the feathering of the eagle.
    got this for a good price!
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS   luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS  

luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS   luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS  

luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS   luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe 2nd model rare maker ROBERT KLAAS
    P
    Many

Im seeing a WKC crossguard and a WKC generic pommel. If Im mistaken correct me..need Peters eyes on this. Could this be attributed to Klaas ordering outsourced fittings?

Klaas crossguards are stamped on the top and not seen as inset with oak leaves. Just my observations..more comments welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

hi larry
    yes i have heard that the smaller companies did buy
    there parts from larger companies like WKC and
    Eickhorn. you do see WKC fittings on the smaller luft daggers companies quite often like Puma and Tiger etc etc..
    Last edited by goodtimes; 04-06-2017 at 04:43 AM.

just found this from wittmann copy and pasted..."Klaas firm did not make their own mounts, so most likely these mounts are generic"

Hello to all, nice dagger by producer which we do not see very ofthen, but I don´t think that I can call Robi Klaas "rare". R. Klaas started to produce Luftwaffe 2nd. Model daggers very early in the preriod and produced them during the all years of production.

Luftwaffe 2nd. Model daggers produced by Klaas has some very unique atributes. At the first Klaas was a big producer and he made its own fittings and scabbard for Luftwaffe daggers! So I don´t agree with previous opinions, despite the fact, that they were copy from T. Wittmann site.

Dagger, which is shown in this thread is late war produced piece with WKC fittings, it is interesting to note that dagger don´t have textbook grip wire! Klaas used only thin wire But it is possible combination - but we can´t be 100% sure. Scabbard is Klaas product. Still nice dagger...

Best regards

Peter

hi peter
    thanks for the reply!

when i mean small producer, i mean small producer of luft daggers. I know they made SS daggers and SA daggers etc etc... but not a big producer of luft daggers. So could it not be possible that they bought there fittings for luft daggers?
    its just ive seen wittmann and paul from lakeside traders sell Klaas luft daggers with various types of fittings. paul has sold a luft dagger with funeral grip with generic WKC fittings. If you go threw his archive of klaas daggers you can see some variation.
    is there some possibility you think peter?
    thanks for your reply and knowledge
    appreciated

Hi, at the first Klaas was not a small producer, even with Luftwaffe 2nd. model dagger. He produced a lot of daggers including Luftwaffe, Wehrmacht, SA, SS. But you can not compare it with for example Eickhorn or WKC! Compare it with Wingen, E. Pack and others similar producers, much smaller than Eickhorn or WKC. TheY all produced limited number of daggers, but still easy to find in market.

Next, WKC fittings is possible combination for Klaas daggers, so don't worry about that. And what is good think about your dagger is that it have Klaas scabbard, so I'm almost sure that it leaved Klasse factory with this fittings combination. Only grip wire is not usual for Klaas - but like I said - it is possible.

You have nice piece, keep it

Best regards

Peter

Peter provides some good advice here. I personally collected Klaas Armies and Lufts for years and know a bit about them. They did have a close relationship with WKC and we often see them sporting WKC components.
    The early ones are the most desirable in my mind.
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item....ation=Archives