Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe 2nd pattern by puma for review

Article about: Offered this and may go for it if all checks out. Puma 2nd model dagger with crack in handle. Are the fittings and makers mark correct for this make? It may take a moment for the pictures to

Great input on this thread Rossi, get well soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd pattern by puma for review
    P
    Many

?

In my opinion the Puma luft shown by Chuck is original. The "problem" with luftwaffe daggers is that only a small number of makers used fittings of their own. These are the big producers that are well known like WKC, Eickhorn, Alcoso etc. The smaller producers used parts they bought from other suppliers. For example the WKC crossguard is seen on many other producers of the 2nd model. Even a big producer of 2nd model lufts like Höller is most seen with a WKC crossguard.
    Puma was a relatively small maker that did not make their own parts. The dagger shown by Chuck is fairly early which explains the lack of detail in the pommel. The crossguard is a generic type that I've seen on many other small makers.

More than once collectors have asked me if I will make a book on luftwaffe daggers just like our book on army daggers. Even if I had the time, I wouldn't do it because only a hand full of makers produced "textbook" daggers with consistant use of the same fittings.

Regards
    Danny

Sure with it were mine is all I can add. Thanks to all who shared some great pics.

I would like to thank you all for your time and input. It is interesting to know that smaller firms like Puma had to use parts from larger companies. I have a couple unmarked luftwaffe daggers that I will dig out so that I can look over them as it seems they look the same as if they are unmarked wkc. It's always a pleasure here on war relics forum thank you guys all so much if I do get this luftwaffe piece I will be sure to update with pictures. Thank you all again so much!

?

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    I would like to thank you all for your time and input. It is interesting to know that smaller firms like Puma had to use parts from larger companies. I have a couple unmarked luftwaffe daggers that I will dig out so that I can look over them as it seems they look the same as if they are unmarked wkc. It's always a pleasure here on war relics forum thank you guys all so much if I do get this luftwaffe piece I will be sure to update with pictures. Thank you all again so much!
    I guess why I like my WKC as the blade is marked WKC and the Components and fittings are WKC. Thus why I guess I bought that particular piece as my only one and it is minty as I could muster with out the gilded swaz being gone to time.

Cheers! Good place here. Danny thanks for adding to what I was trying to say. Not sure middle of the night with a bad back is a good time for me to try to post coherent sentences. I did my small minded best

Rock On! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2