Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe blades

Article about: Hello Gents, it is a slow day here, so a little luft might help. i decided to do each blade on its own. they are nothing exotic or special. just normal stuff. well except may be the DLV dagg

?

Default Luftwaffe blades

Hello Gents,
    it is a slow day here, so a little luft might help. i decided to do each blade on its own. they are nothing exotic or special. just normal stuff.
    well except may be the DLV dagger. it is an odd ball. i read some place long ago these daggers should not have a numberd blade, yet mine does. it has the K mark on one side of the crossguard, but on the other side it has a mark that i cant find in my books, but reminds me of a Mauser mark. (i'll include a lame attempt to draw it up in paint.) it looks like a capital I with a B on the left and either 64 or 84 on the right. just reminds me of a Mauser stamp. as does the stamp on the scabbard throat. that one looks like a cross between a luft waffenampt and a Mauser waffenamtused on po.8's from 35 to 39. having the top of the wings raised instead of straight across like the luft waffenamt that has a number below it. no sign of a number. but it looks to be double stamped. it also has the winged man stamp.
    i'm still a bit confussed what came first. i have read it two different ways. that the DLV came first then the NSFK and vise versa. i'm not looking to start an argument over it lol. but here is my logical take on it ( for what thats worth lol ) as i understand it, the DLV came first, as a post ww1 glider group, because they could not have motorized planes. and used the winged man insignia for non motorized flight, then came the NSFK with motorized planes, using the winged prop insignia, for motorized flight.. and again right or wrong this is how it was first explained to me about 30 years ago. and i have read it two different ways on line. so i dont know. but any way. the non winged man stamp on the throat, is not a winged prop. so on with the show. i hope some one has an answer on the odd mark's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe blades   Luftwaffe blades  

Luftwaffe blades   Luftwaffe blades  

Luftwaffe blades  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe blades 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe blades
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe blades

also the underside of the crossguard is marked Schl. on one side 41 on the other. i had to clean some tarnish off to get a pic. it was black.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe blades   Luftwaffe blades  

Luftwaffe blades  

?

Andrew, again I'm amazed at the quality and quantity of your stuff. Sorry I cannot chime in on any of the questions, but watching none the less.

Regards

?

Hi drdata,
    glad you like them. its good to dust them off on occasion and show them.
    andrew

?

Very Nice selection
    I would love to see a full shot of the luft sword !!

Hal
    ?

Hi Andrew, a very nice Luft group! Looks like an early waffen-amt on the NSFK throat, not unusual to see, and the number on the blade is likely a school property marking. Best Regards, Hal

?

Hi Hal,
    thanks for taking a look. any thoughts on the other mark on the crossguard ? the one with the B ?
    i'm at a loss on that one.
    andrew

Hal
    ?

Hi Andrew, that's a unique mark for sure, but I would guess by the placement and the fact that it looks plated; e.g. Same as the 'K' at assembly, that it was applied at the castor's. Only speculating, Hal