Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe dagger 1st reproduction identification?

Article about: Hello. Is there anybody who can tell us how old this is? It has no markings. Broken hilt. Grip is wood, possibly some leather but deteriorated, bound with single twisted wire. Scabbard only

STARBURNT
    ?

Default Luftwaffe dagger 1st reproduction identification?

Hello. Is there anybody who can tell us how old this is? It has no markings. Broken hilt. Grip is wood, possibly some leather but deteriorated, bound with single twisted wire. Scabbard only has hook no other attachments. Possible history, it was recovered by Allied Naval Squadron sailor.

Luftwaffe dagger 1st reproduction identification?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS

Dagger itself might be good that scabbard goes to a Austrian or Czech VZ 24 bayonet not to the dagger you show a Luft first model. timothy

Hi Star welcome to the forum ... That is a 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger and is about near 80 yrs old. The scabbard does not belong with it as it is a bayonet scabbard. 1 st Luftwaffe scabbards were covered in a Moroccan type leather. There is not much worth in the condition it is in and is also separated from its original scabbard. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

STARBURNT
    ?

Thank you for the info. Blade fits into this scabbard perfectly.

?

I do fit in my neighbors car perfectly, still it doesnt belong to me

Quote by gerrit View Post
    I do fit in my neighbors car perfectly, still it doesnt belong to me
    Hahaha Nice one Ger!!!

Quote by STARBURNT View Post
    Blade fits into this scabbard perfectly.
    That could very well be....from Luftwaffe to Heer scabbards to SA and SS..all can be interchangeable with either some tightness or looseness between them. What happened to the crossguard and why is it broken.

Oddly I see runner marks on the 2 side panels of the blade..instead of the center panel with these 1st Lufts. This could be from putting it in a scabbard that doesnt belong. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill