Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?

Article about: Hello guys, i have this LW Dagger by marker Tiger Solingen and wanted to ask if it is a good one. I have concerns about the markers marker because the gap between the Tiger and the „Tiger So

Default Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?

Hello guys, i have this LW Dagger by marker Tiger Solingen and wanted to ask if it is a good one. I have concerns about the markers marker because the gap between the Tiger and the „Tiger Solingen“ is too big. I also don‘t like the eye of the eagle on the crossguards, it looks strange. If anyone could help me out i would very appreciate that!

Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?
    P
    Many

Hi Dave ..dagger has origianl fittings throughout and I have no issues with the grip eagle..yet the Eagle resembles more of an FW Holler than it does Tiger ( aka Lauterjung & Co. )
    The long feet of the grip eagle matches a Holler type.

The Logo is correct.

Are these your photos?..if so there is no need to hide the swastika as this site is dedicated to Militaria History and are not under restrictions that of Ebay. Please if you may to post photos of the pommel and also the top side of the crossguard for further comparison.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry!
    Thank you for your respond. I‘ll post more photos later, but I‘m happy to hear that it is really a org. dagger!

Dave.

Here are the pics of the top from the parierstange.

Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?Luftwaffe Dagger 2.Model by Tiger Solingen | Original or copy?

Agree with Larry ... would be nice to see more detailed pictures though.

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Agree with Larry ... would be nice to see more detailed pictures though.

Hello Stevade, thanks for your reply!
    I‘ll post more detailed pics later. Should i post pics of it taken apart too? I already took it apart and everythings seems fine. Also a mark (a square with like a cross or so) is on the blade, a read about it and it seems generic that LW daggers had these. The Klingelangel also looks good. The handle is made of Trolon (a sort of plastic) i think. The crossguard is either aluminum or zinc but imo its alu. The pommel is too alu and the Handle ring is made out of iron.

No ..... Daggers shouldn’t really be stripped down, damage can be caused sometimes by excessive force trying to undo things, then damage done by over tightening when reassembling.
    Those Handles can be quite brittle and chip when doing the pommel up.

No need to take this dagger down...this type of dagger all necessary details that need to be seen are on the outside.
    A Trained eye will not take any dagger at all unless absolutely necessary to answer hidden questions.

From what I have researched ..this guard has no producer identity to date as in other unmarked producer Luftwaffe dagger examples this crossguard has an unknown subcontractor and is a late production period type. ( During the war )

The grip and pommel are also consistent of the late period.
    On named producer examples especially ..we do see the double twisted wire type on the grip.
    I have no issues with this dagger and will follow up with a more narrowed down time period of the Tiger logo.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ok thank you very much guys!
    I‘ll only took it apart 1 time to see the blade from the inside and the grip and pommel to make things clear. Yeah the crossguard i was unfamiliar with. But glad that its an all original piece.