Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: My father returned home with this war trophy in 1945. Any information about the dagger to include its condition and value are appreciated. Advise on how to store or perhaps even restore the

Default Luftwaffe Dagger

My father returned home with this war trophy in 1945. Any information about the dagger to include its origin, condition and value are appreciated. Advise on how to store or perhaps even restore the artifact is requested as well.
    Luftwaffe DaggerLuftwaffe DaggerLuftwaffe DaggerLuftwaffe DaggerLuftwaffe Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You have a second model eickhorn Luft dagger with a latter maker mark

here is a link for eickhorn maker mark dates

wardaggers.com - Carl Eickhorn Maker Marks

From my cell phone I can't provide much help given the small size of my screen but it appears to be in very nice shape. Others with more knowledge can provide more specific details.

Do NOT clean it. Just a light wipe with a cotton cloth every now and then or after handling to remove fingerprints. (of which I see a few ). Most recommend not to put any oils on the blade as it drys over time.

Clearer shots in natural light without a flash of the eagle will help.

Here is my SNL for comparison

2nd Model Luft - SMF

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not much more to add to Michael's assessment. A Nice out of the woodwork vet piece. As said, a 2nd Model Luftwaffe made by Eickhorn. Do Not clean it other than a gentle wipe as suggested with a soft dry cloth-anything more will significantly decrease the value, and do not take it apart, but rather leave it as is. As for value, a similar one was just added today to the Classified Section here for $395-which is a decent price, so you can figure accordingly. A nice Luftwaffe. For storage? Just keep it in a dry environment without excessive heat or cold. Many collectors store them in a padded zippered cloth pouch that you can pick up many places such as Lakesidetrader.com, etc.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

I made a few edits to my post....Eickhorn maker mark date ranges link
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Finn, Correct and interesting Late production Eickhorn. That is a lesser seen maker mark from the very end of dress dagger production..1942, called the "over the shoulder squirrel" due to the direction of the squirrels gaze. The pommel (knob on the top of the grip) is one unique to this producer called the "heart shaped pommel", still having some of the gold gilting on the swastika. Most pommels were of a more round shape, and many never had the gold gilting! Nice piece, enjoy it and pass it down through the family! Best, Kevin.

Appreciate the prompt and detailed information. Here are a couple more pictures of the eagle.
    Luftwaffe DaggerLuftwaffe DaggerLuftwaffe Dagger
    Last edited by SuperFinn; 01-14-2015 at 05:28 PM.

?

You have been given great advice and I would just like to add this. That is a Beauty.
    From my recent education on 2nd model Luft daggers. Eickhorn has always been one of those that made a quality product.(eyecandy) To add that it is coming from your Father, You can't beat that!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Kevin is spot on: Over the shoulder Eicks logo's are hard to find on a Luftwaffe and Heer daggers.
    Strange that this logo is not that hard to find on its KriegsMarine counterpart the M1938 ( so called 2nd pattern Marine).
    Nice dagger!

Regards,
    Ger

Very nice. Were the Swastika's at the top gilded or in anyway colored gold?

Ooops, you answered my previous question of about gilding the swastika. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast