Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: Hi guys Need some help please Got this dagger , basically free in a deal On arrival I noticed a few things I didn't like I'm pretty sure handle is fake, very hard plastic ?? Red hot pin does

Hi Danny
    Thanks for comments
    Appreciate your help
    Cheers
    Fraser

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Is it the appearance of the photos ..or from what I can see of the grip that looks like it is plastic.
    A photo of both ends of the grip would be beneficial. I know we are not talking about a high dollar dagger here as danny already said it is comprised of varied fittings. Just curious.

Or a hot pin test on the off end of the grip could determine if its plastic.
    These photos are very good and the clarity excellent ..well done Fritzik..but even the best photos still stems my curiousity which the grip here just doesnt have the dullness of 80 years gone by. Just my thoughts

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry
    Thanks for your input
    I tried the hot pin test
    It made a tiny mark after several attempts, burned my finger in the process lol..
    It was the weight of the handle that made me suspicious
    I've owned a few Luftwaffe daggers over the years , but this rang bells immediately
    I thought it might be porcelain at first
    But I'm guessing resin ??
    Thanks again for opinions guy's
    Fraser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2