Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe dagger help!

Article about: I have been offered this dagger at a good price, but not sure if it's true nazi issue, the chains missing & the blades got no name or makers mark

?

Default Luftwaffe dagger help!

Luftwaffe dagger help!I have been offered this dagger at a good price, but not sure if it's true nazi issue, the chains missing & the blades got no name or makers markLuftwaffe dagger help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger help!
    P
    Many

Hi Buster..welcome to the forum..a few more pics would be very helpful. Areas including the logo the whole length of the blade...the scabbard..and chain if any. Other than that...it may be a dagger assembled with other period fittings. The Luftwaffe gents here..are very good at identifying those intricate details with discernible differences that can point to certain producers of the early period. At your convenience..the more photos the better Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good advice Larry.. Hope to meet up with you at a show soon...! Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Max Show in October ..I was there last year and will be this year. looking forward to it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi , there's no chain or logo on the blade, These are the only pics I have as I went to see the guy selling it and took the pics at that time.Luftwaffe dagger help!Luftwaffe dagger help!Luftwaffe dagger help!Luftwaffe dagger help!

Hi Buster, A good mid period 1st Pattern Luftwaffe in my opinion with pot metal plated fittings ,Shame the gilt has worn of the swastikas but it still shows good detail . The chain missing will affect the value . Cheers Paul

looks ok to my eyes too.

?

Thanks guys, I am going to pick it up today! Has anyone else got input on it before I part with cash?

Yes Buster..there is more input..before you part with your cash for a incomplete 1st Luftwaffe dagger..that has a greyed blade..ask him what he needs to get for it..and dont let him say to you... "Make me an offer" ..if he says that...IMO walk away. In the condition this dagger is in ..I would not pay more than $200 Luft guys may disagree.

The dagger is early and we have not yet seen the producers logo..which also may set the standard in worth. The blade is the most key point to total value..which has been over cleaned and is aged grey. For myself...I wold look for a better complete example..and for a few hundred dollars more you will be satisfied..that it would be most complete. Below are a few of the dealers that may be able to supply your needs. Regards Larry

Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    Wittmann Antique Militaria
    Meda Militaria Home
    We Buy & Sell German WWII Daggers, Helmets, Uniform Tunics & More
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-08-2015 at 02:59 AM.

?

As stated the blade has no name or logo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast