Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!!

Article about: Its also the wrong grip wire for this period of maker mark, sorry

Default luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!!

Alrighty then, I was walking through the market after college one day and came across an antique weapons stand. Among the stand was a cabinet full of knives, after rummaging through the cabinet I found a luftwaffe dagger. Now I collect bad boy's like this all the time (nazi memorabilia) however on this occasion there is a few things I can't put my finger on. Anyways PICTUREZ:
    luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!! luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!!
    luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!! luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!!

As you can see from the pictures, whoever or whatever owned this before hand has not taken good care of it (warping on the blade, cracking and staining on the handle). The thing which confuses me is on the handle, the wire which wraps around it is actually a wire. I always thought these knives had some sort of mesh wrapping. The trade mark can be seen on picture 9 (bottom left), it is the scales with A W S and Alcoso SOLINGEN; the solingen is beneath Alcoso. The sheath is genuine I know that much, the globe does screw off although I dare not try and the knife has three visible separation points. Fun facts about the knife, it was apparently found in a farm house in my country (England) and was sold the antique dealer for £100. I bought it from the dealer at £110 although he didn't seem to have a good idea on what it was let alone what it was worth. The pieces missing are the pommel and the strap, everything else is there (I hope).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: luftwaffe dagger, real or fake I need help please!!

Do you have better pictures of the makers Mark?

Sorry for the shit camera and pic's this is the best I can do, bare with me <3

Shouldnt the makers mark be on the backside? Maybe the dagger has been taken apart before.

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    Shouldnt the makers mark be on the backside? Maybe the dagger has been taken apart before.
    I thought this, however when I did a quick look over a handful of other Luftwaffe knives some were on the front and some were on the back

Sorry it is a copy ..........note how the swastica meets the scabbard band also the grip better pics are needed though
    cheers ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Sorry it is a copy ..........note how the swastica meets the scabbard band also the grip better pics are needed though
    cheers ronnie
    I thought that too! however there is a lot of wear an tear near the silver links on the scabbard. The top clasp has moved up slightly due to it being slightly loose, there is also a green residue from where someone has tried to re-stick it. The blade also has a smell of dirt a heavy indicator of the scabbard having a lot of internal warping hence why the blade is so dirty. Is there any other pictures or information you would like to know?

Quick question... the screws near the throat of the scabbard, are they meant to do anything, mine don't seem to be holding anything in place.
    Last edited by n0valyfe; 06-07-2012 at 08:42 PM.

I think you guys know what I'm thinking .

?

The logo looks like it says solinger not solingen.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thats not good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast