Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Luftwaffe daggers collection

Article about: Hello Larry, this sword was find in trash, but by homeless person, not direct me. I always like to look at trash and junkyard - and I find a lot of interesting and believe me - valuable thin

?

Are all wives like that?
    Mine wants the house also to be tiptop, new roof, complete new upperfloor design, new bathroom, move some walls, puts some extra doors, remove chimney........so.....after all that........and no time left for the hobby and to tired for sex...sometimes its all not that great

Regards,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe daggers collection
    P
    Many

Hi Ger,
    I can´t stop laugh!!! Believe me or not, sometimes I feel like Allan Harper from Two and half man - you certainly know him commanded by my own wife... And sex? What is that, after all day I´m so happy when I lie in my bed

Hello to all,

here is my latest addition into my humble Luftwaffe dagger collection. Untouched, uncleaned old attic find dagger, which never been in collection. It is textbook late war produced Horster dagger. Pommel is in great condition, extremely rare gilding on swastika is still there, in the front about 80-90% and on the back only 30%. Grip is nice plaster filed example with wood core, twisted brass wire is still untouched and there. Crossguard is shows almost no wear, in full mint condition and shows very nice textbook Horster eagle with its unique attributes. Blade is probably the worst, sadly water find its way into scabbard and damaged it, leather washer is also gone to time. Scabbard is generic example correct for this piece, shows period wear, but it has some rust... Portepee is in full mint state still tided around the grip. Hanger is very nice late war piece and it is still in good condition.

I hope you like this dagger, despite its poor condition, it is attic find and well, it is what it is...

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Thumbs up

Peter you have some nice examples! I have returned to daggers and pistols again. timothy

Hello to all collectors,
    here are my lates addition into my collection. It is very nice textbook aluminum 1st. model Luftwaffe dagger made by SMF. Dagger is in „as found“ condition. I tis completely untouched, I only removed old oil spots from blade and little rust – nothing serious. Aluminum pommel and crosguard are nice, show honest wear during the period – both are textbook SMF products. Grip is also nice with a lot of wear. Aluminum wire around the grip is also made by SMF. Blade is nice despite it shows some grey spots, but it is still shiny and without serious damage. There is also inspector „waffenampt“ on the blade, so we can say that this dagger was produce in early months of production, because in the year 1938 Luftwaffe realized, that it is not important to look at quality of private purchased weapons and moved inspector somwhere, wher he will be more usefull.
    Scabard is very nice, textbook SMF. Little bonus to whole dagger is leather loop on chain with is marking with producer and town – ULM and also year 1938. This leather loop was with this dagger since the war and definitely belongs to this dagger.
    Now I just hope you like the dagger. I know that it is not perfect, but it shows a lot of usage during the III. Reich period and you know, if this dagger could talk 
    Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Love them this way...Peter...shows ownership ..and has a larger story to tell than an unissued full mint example.

Nothing wrong with a Full Mint dagger..but by personal collecting preference ..its nice to see it was carried with an officer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, thank you for your post. Sometimes I like Full Mint example, because even then can be worn by officers, but in my opinion they went to battlefield to Russia or Africa and perhaps never came back and wear dagger again. I also have one amazing full mint rare Eickhorn dagger, which I post soon But my next post will be some attic find from Germany (not by me).

Best reagrds

Peter

Hello to all again,
    here you can see my another Luftwaffe dagger. It is in untouched condition and also show some use in period and some spots from bad storage. Pommel and Crossguard are very early WKC type. Pommel is even showing some gilding on both swastikas, but sadly it turn into dark  But I think it is still visible. Grip has very nice look with fresh orange color. Grip wire is springy type and it is different from gripe wire, which is on my other early WKC dagger, which you can also see in my thread. Crossguard is early type 1, which is much less comon than later part. Details on that crosguards are amazing and it looks better than common generic type, which is very similar. Blade is almost mint, without scratches in and out marks – just great. Scabbard is textbook WKC, show little rusty parts, but nothing bad. Portepee is to the piece example and shows almost no wear.
    I hope you like the photos of this dagger. It is still dagger, which I can admire, piece of history and „been there“ example.

Best regards

Peter

Hello to all,

here is my latest example. Textbook Eickhorn dagger with generic fittings. Eickhorn did use these generic fittings for very short time when he ran out of ist own stock. Destpite the fact fittings are generic they reflect all Eickhor work. Pommel and corssguard are outstanding. Gilding on pommel is very well preserved... Grip is also light orange, with no serious chip or crack. Aluminum springy wire is in place. Blade is in full mint condition witout serious damage and it is still very shiny. Scabbard is Eickhorn product. Dagger is complete with to the piece hanger and to the piece portepee. Dagger never been cleaned or taking appart, it is in untouched state!

This is probably my best Luftwaffe dagger and one of the best preserved generic Eickhorns. Please see also photos from Thomas T. Wittmann book - Wittmann shows exact dagger with exact markings! On other pages he show same dagger but with different trade mark...

I hope you will like the photos and dagger.

Best regards

Peter

?

Peter that is a lovely addition to your collection!
    Pristine condition with the stamped small logo, which is harder to find these days!
    It has a blade to die for! and swastika gilding is a nice bonus
    Congratz on this beauty!

Regards
    Ger

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast