Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Luftwaffe daggers collection

Article about: Hello Larry, this sword was find in trash, but by homeless person, not direct me. I always like to look at trash and junkyard - and I find a lot of interesting and believe me - valuable thin

That's interesting Alcoso dagger.
    Can I ask what material is the grip? Plaster or wood core celluloid ?

Regards
    Stingray

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe daggers collection
    P
    Many

Quote by stingray View Post
    That's interesting Alcoso dagger.
    Can I ask what material is the grip? Plaster or wood core celluloid ?

Regards
    Stingray
    The grip on this dagger is made of Galalith, also called "Milkstone". It was produced by interaction of casein and formaldehyde. Because the material is in fact biodegradable, it does not stand up well to time. The surface crazing is common. This material was used much more frequently on Heer dagger grips than Luftwaffe.

Wolfgang

Hello, Wolfgang is right, grip cracking is "dramatic" reaction to light. Grip is off white color, almost yellow in some places. It is very interesting to see reaction of this material.

?

Great daggers - good pics.

Hello friends, this is my first Third Reich dagger! It is very nice wartime produced C. Eickhorn dagger. Dagger show a lot of usage during the period. Factory applications to corssguard and pommel is gone to time, but dagger still looks good and I like it too much, because this is my first dagger. Hope you like photos and dagger too, despite its condition. This is textbook Eickhorn example with portepe and hanger. Regards peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Hello friends, here is my next lutwaffe dagger - unmarked late war produced example with generic parts. Dagger is in very nice untouched condition - left as it is since the war. Scabbard is W.K.C. type, heavily silver-plated. Swastika on pommel seems to be gilded - please notice that pommel and crossguard had gold (nicotine) patination also. Sometimes, when I took dagger before I go sleep, I inspect dagger and think about it, if it is gilded gold general dagger This is my favorite luftwaffe dagger, I love it. Grip has interesting wood core. Please enjoy photos. Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

?

Hi Peter,
    That's a very nice collection of luftwaffe daggers! You are absolutely right about your WKC dagger. A rare variation indeed Also the Eickhorn with the gilded pommel and the small stamped trademark is not seen too often.

Danny

Hello friends, here is another dagger from my Luftwaffe collection - very nice untouched 2nd. model Luftwaffe dagger made by Alexander Werke, Solingen. This daggers are quite rare and hard to find, so I was very lucky when I find this one. Dagger it self is totally textbook late war produced AWS example, with typical Alcoso "round" scabbard except one center headless screw - it is unusual, and is anomaly to me. Daggers is complete with to the piece hanger and knot. I like this late war produced examples, with some unusual aspects. Regards Peter

Hello, my last addition into this tread is Aluminium Luftwaffe sword made by SMF, Solingen. Sword is not in best condition, but it is very nice, gilding on pommel are almost worn off, but on crossguard is gilding still visible. Leather hanger is damaged, but repaired carefully, scabbard leather covering on bottom too. Sword was found by homeless in trash. Hope you enjoy photos. Regards Peter

Found in the trash??????...............Thank God it has been rescued and posted here for all to admire. It has a few bumps and bruises..but these are common expectations. A thought pops up once in awhile when I leave to go to work on those mornings when trash collection is that day..and makes me wonder how many of those cans and boxes just might have one of these neglected beauties in them...only to be buried in a trash dump..and then found by members like our own..." GIZMO8Z" of NY.

A great rescue Peter....and welcomed on this thread Regards Larry

a connecting link to attics and old barn finds.... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attic...03/#post973115
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast