Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Forestry NCO Dagger

Article about: Just got this vet direct. Never seen one with only the distributor markings and nothing else. Thoughts? Doug

Default Luftwaffe Forestry NCO Dagger

Just got this vet direct. Never seen one with only the distributor markings and nothing else. Thoughts? DougLuftwaffe Forestry NCO DaggerLuftwaffe Forestry NCO DaggerLuftwaffe Forestry NCO Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Forestry NCO Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Forestry NCO Dagger

nice pickup,,,i have had only two of these in my collecting years,,,

Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by militarymania View Post
    nice pickup,,,i have had only two of these in my collecting years,,,
    Anybody ever seen one without all the other markings? Doug

these knives are only distributor marked and i have never seen one with additional or without any markings whatsoever

What does a Luftwaffe dagger and the Forestry service dagger have to do with one another?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    these knives are only distributor marked and i have never seen one with additional or without any markings whatsoever
    I pulled this off of Johnson's for sale list (sold). Luftwaffe Forestry "Waffen-Loesche" Bayonet w/Frog. Ch.A.W., (Chromolit-Besteckfabrik, Arthur Wingen, Solingen) TM. As stated on page 91 of The Sword and Knife Makers of Germany 1850-2000 by the late Anthony Carter, "Staghorn gripped knives were produced marked Ch.A.W. on one side, and Waffen-Loesche Berlin (qv), the distributor, on the reverse.

These knives are said to have been worn by Luftwaffe NCO's seconded to forestry duties". A photograph and description of this pattern bayonet appear on pages 176 & 177 of Seitengewehr: History of the German Bayonet 1919-1945 by George T. Wheeler.

Polished steel hilt, spine and flat, oval crossguard show virtually no surface wear and no damage. Medium brown stag grip plates are perfect with no cracks or chips and are retained by three nickel slotted screw bolts.
    Polished steel blade measuring 20cm in length grades Near MINT showing only faint runner marks with no lifting, graying, nicks or damage. Reverse ricasso is distributor stamped, "Waffen-Loesche, Berlin" and is complete with dark brown leather blade buffer pad. The obverse ricasso is stamped with the number "41" above the trademark and the spine of the blade stamped with the letter "H".

Here's another one. Beautiful blade which is properly marked on both sides CH.A.W and numbered 186 and Waffen-Loesche Berlin. It has extremely heavy undamaged stag grips and the scabbard does show a fair amount of rust over the original paint. The scabbard retains its original frog which has a retaining strap which is probably from a K98 bayonet. Not a common piece in this condition. Should also be noted that the top part of the blade is stamped H.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-31-2017 at 08:38 PM. Reason: more quots

I believe that Goering was in charge of Forestry Service as well as the Luftwaffe and would swap guys around between them. Perhaps those who became unfit for Luftwaffe duty? Doug
    Quote by operaman View Post
    What does a Luftwaffe dagger and the Forestry service dagger have to do with one another?

That makes sense.Thanks

You also have to remember Hermann Goring was a very keen hunter! (He was head of the Hunting Association too) He wanted control over the hunting grounds and got his men this job.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast