Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe funeral dagger

Article about: Hello guys, could you give your thoughts on this dagger i am thinking of buying, as you know they are not seen very often the maker is correct (Klaas) does everything look as should be to yo

Default Luftwaffe funeral dagger

Hello guys, could you give your thoughts on this dagger i am thinking of buying, as you know they are not seen very often the maker is correct (Klaas) does everything look as should be to you lufty guys? i am not too familiar with these so any help would be appreciated,
    really sorry about the photos as they are taken with my phone and they are all i have,
    thanks in advance,
    Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe funeral dagger   Luftwaffe funeral dagger  

Luftwaffe funeral dagger   Luftwaffe funeral dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe funeral dagger
    P
    Many

I am no expert, but comparing the dagger to a good one I have been checking at Emedals it look to be a good one, not sure about the hanger though, wait and see what the real experts have got to say about it, Best Regards, Juan

Ronnie, I think that by now most collectors have accepted the evidence (or a lack of) that the so-called black gripped "Funeral" Luftwaffe daggers are a collectors myth created to jack up prices. Instead being an originally white painted grip over black Bakelite (as manufactured) by Klaas with the paint now removed. That said, there are some guys who might like a black grip as a novelty, so like with many things it's a matter of personal preference (but not so much for the purists who don't like daggers that have been fooled around with). Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe funeral dagger  

?

I always wondered why they would have made a special dagger with black grip for a funeral ?

It wasnt made for funerals Scott, just gained this name from collectors because of the black grip

Not for me-sorry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    It wasnt made for funerals Scott, just gained this name from collectors because of the black grip
    So its a made up term by a dealer long time ago, We will call it a Funeral dagger & add an extra $1000 to the price tag ?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    So its a made up term by a dealer long time ago, We will call it a Funeral dagger & add an extra $1000 to the price tag ?

LOL probably!!

Hi guys, just for the sake of learning, why is that on Emedals they specifically sold a Klass dagger as a funeral and particularly not at a cheap Price?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Yeah basically. lol

I just cant grow to like these, even with the black grip id take a 1st pattern over a 2nd anyday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast