Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Gravity knife

Article about: Hi Guys, these knives were issued to both flight crews and Fallschirmjagers. They were carried in a special pocket in the side of the FJ trousers. The blade is not maker marked. Parts are se

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Gravity knife

only if you're caught with it ;--)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Gravity knife
    P
    Many

Hi Ned, strictly speaking these are not legal to buy or sell in the UK. But they are always for sale at shows. I certainly would not advise importing one. However, ownership is not forbidden, provided they are only kept within your home.

Cheers, Ade.

Does anyone know what the breakdown of the RB numbers are? I checked the Wittman site, and he suggests that they identify the maker of the knife, but I am yet to find some form of legend.

Problem lies with an unmarked knife, and a need to know...

Any help?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I would love to own one of these knives, but have been told that under u.k law i could be arrested and prosecuted for ownership, or attempting to purchase one.Is this really the case?Any comments would be appreciated. Regards, Ned
    Well it's the case down here in Australia, I wish I could have one as I have two flight suits that need them

René

I have been very fond of this knife. Someday soon i shall own one.

Thanks to everyone.

rgds. Ty

Makers of these flight knives are, in addition to unmarked examples such as mine :

SMF/Solinger Metallwaffenfabrik
    PAUL Weyersberg Solingen
    Anton Wingen Jr Solingen
    Alcoso
    WKC
    F&A Helbig
    Malch & Ambron
    Paul Seilheimer
    Gebr Weyersberg.
    (Very rare maker)

RB Numbered knives I need to research: but one number seen (I don't know who the maker) is:

0/0561/0020

Cheers, Ade.

What is the relevance of each grouping of numbers though? Because I would assume that the 0561 represents "knives" , so would the last number represent the manufacturer?
    Wittman on his site suggests that the 0020 represents Paul Weyersberg and that it was perhaps a later made piece.

Truth be told, I haven't come accross anything other than 0019, and 0020 in my all-but-brief research into this subject.

I think that the second group of numbers actually represents the area (region) where the item was made.

Cheers, Ade.

My gravity knife with no makers name, just 43 stamped on blade, handle and spike. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Gravity knife   Luftwaffe Gravity knife  

Hi John, this one is a West German issue version. They are usually found with feld grau plastic grips. Possibly the early issues were wood? I don't know.

The part with the arrow on it (not sure what to call it? Not really the crossguard) is much larger than seen on the wartime knives.

There is one for sale here:

http://www.epier.com/biddingform.asp?1823849

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast