Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Gravity Knife

Article about: Luftwaffe gravity knife used by Pilots and FJ this one was rescued from a vet's tackle box and has broken latch and blade issues sometimes you get them the way you find them. timothy

Default Luftwaffe Gravity Knife

Luftwaffe gravity knife used by Pilots and FJ this one was rescued from a vet's tackle box and has broken latch and blade issues sometimes you get them the way you find them. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Gravity Knife   Luftwaffe Gravity Knife  

Luftwaffe Gravity Knife   Luftwaffe Gravity Knife  

Luftwaffe Gravity Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    P
    Many

?

Very nice man! I still don't have one of these....and don't you have 2 of them? Thought I saw a 2nd one in the FJ display thread (which is also nice)

Any maker marks?

Interesting that the flip lever has been cut out.
    I would say it is a Paul Weyersberg.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I see the rear spring is intact that is a plus, the lanyard loop is strange to be gone as the are very strong.
    I have also seen this type of blade brake repair.
    Could this be a UK deact?
    (blade issues sometimes) Not sure what you mean as it has no way to stay locked out??. I know the operation of these very well.

Yes I do have two of them I will post the other one my memory is old you may be right Eric I got to looking I think the other one was the vet one because I remember he put a homeade item where the latch should go neither one of them show a maker due to buffing the other one does have Rostri soligen and that part he didn't buff out. The blade on this one come out ok but will fall back in the knife when turned straight up otherwise it stay out and could be used I guess that is why they call them gravity knive. I think this one came from a box of item at a GS in the mid 70's I was at for twenty five dollars. Thanks for pointing all this out to me you have so much stuff through the years it gets mixed that is why a older collector friend of mine tags all his items to go back and see these things. I just never did regret it now thanks timomthy

I have only one non takedown and BW takedown but have handled several and some non takedowns apart, and studied the springs and pins and locks.
    The takedown model is virtually the same inside and from my insight I see no reason why a BW springs wont work. But this has not been proven.
    Very few people will undertake this challenge but will for the right price.
    A takedown repair one would run much less IMO.

Eric

Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeShow the slide and runner here just like the inside of a non takedown.
    Most people I know do not have a clue how they work and I hope this post may help.
    I will explain best I can to help more pic to follow.

Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    Locked out position.

Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    Pushed forward and lean forward since gravity is what makes it fall out of it not a spring as most think to let slide out. Then hold up to make fall back in.Back position also locks the blade in.
    Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    The slide same type as non takedown.
    Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    Lockend in open position.
    Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    More Mech.
    Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeLuftwaffe Gravity KnifeLuftwaffe Gravity KnifeLuftwaffe Gravity Knife
    Paul Weyersberg of mine broken but I like it and I like yours also.

Eric

Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeLuftwaffe Gravity Knife (Spring) pics of Bw as they look very close I will try this one day, I think I just hate to grind one side of the pin but get a good one done I would try.

Eric.... Pay no attention to the repair in this video, but these are the springs if that helps. As these are not what I thought they were when I started collecting them............http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j.............Eric
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Gravity Knife  
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 08-21-2013 at 06:35 AM.

Great information Eric enjoyed it. timothy