MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Luftwaffe gravity Knife

Article about: Hello. an opinion about this knife. original or fake. thank you

In Connecticut you can own switch blades and gravity knives but if you are caught carrying them there are severe consequences, huge fines and long prison sentences! I have a bunch of west German Gravity knives but am still looking for a decent WWII example. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe gravity Knife
    P
    Many

how should a decent knife look like? My knife, how would it be classified and at what price?

Quote by Sttel69 View Post
    My knife, how would it be classified?
    IMO, heavily cleaned.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Officialdom don't like these knives. In the Country I live in, you can legally own a gravity knife, but it is a prohibited import. So you can't buy one from a dealer offshore, which rather limits the market.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    In Connecticut you can own switch blades and gravity knives but if you are caught carrying them there are severe consequences, huge fines and long prison sentences! I have a bunch of west German Gravity knives but am still looking for a decent WWII example. Jim G.
    Max show coming up in Monroeville Pa...or wait until next year when the Max show moves to York Pa...a little closer ..and you can buy period examples by the dozens.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by sargetom View Post
    Here in the States specifically New York State the Government just rescinded the law making gravity knives illegal. Apparently from what I've read the feeling was that having these knives as illegal only gave the Police an excuse to stop and arrest those not doing anything else illegal. Not sue I agree with that premise but that's what the said!
    Wow...Is this true? Wow x2!!! Such a nanny state that I'm shocked. I've been waiting for them to take my hedge clippers away! LoL.

- - ------- - -

As far as the OP's knife is concerned. Looks all original to me but heavily cleaned and polished and the grips appear to be sanded as well. Could just be the photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Wow...Is this true? Wow x2!!! Such a nanny state that I'm shocked. I've been waiting for them to take my hedge clippers away! LoL.

- - ------- - -

As far as the OP's knife is concerned. Looks all original to me but heavily cleaned and polished and the grips appear to be sanded as well. Could just be the photos.
    Yes it is true. I read it on the internet!!! But it is true this time.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yes it is true. I read it on the internet!!! But it is true this time.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    ROFL

Just waiting for them to allow Tigers....been waiting to take mine out of the barn for ages....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm not quite sure how much cleaning it has had. The blade is stainless steel. But the wood grip plates do look bleached and quite "open grain" and not what you would expect from 75 years of handling. But it is authentic and that is the main point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3