Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Gravity knife: Real or fake?

Article about: Hello i would like some opinions on this gravity knife and a price estimate if possible.Thank you!

Default Luftwaffe Gravity knife: Real or fake?

Hello i would like some opinions on this gravity knife and a price estimate if possible.Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Gravity knife: Real or fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Will leave authentication to others on this (and the 5 or 6 others you posted). But we don't provide monetary valuations.

Better photos are needed on this one and most of the others you posted as well. Does this have a Luft (stick bird) stamp on the spine of the awl? I think I see one sticking out in the first photo. Will defer to others but I think it might stand a chance. But not sure of the grips.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Will leave authentication to others on this (and the 5 or 6 others you posted). But we don't provide monetary valuations.

Better photos are needed on this one and most of the others you posted as well. Does this have a Luft (stick bird) stamp on the spine of the awl? I think I see one sticking out in the first photo. Will defer to others but I think it might stand a chance. But not sure of the grips.
    Thank you for your help and time!

Better photos lead to better results
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hey Jaspar,

You may consider becoming a paying member, you may get more response

Regards

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Is that all you can Jaspar?
    Ask if its real and its value?
    Try to learn and look at all the great reference daggers that are posted here!
    Learn instead of ask and being lazy

Ger

SMF post-war production. Late type II knife

MAP
    ?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    SMF post-war production. Late type II knife
    What gives it away as being post-war production?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, I am going to quote on quote from Peter Bruning s Luftwaffe gravity knives. I fully recommend this book. "After the war SMF produced the late type II knife almost unchanged for the civilian market. The materials used are again of a very high quality. The shiny, stainless steel blade bears the SMF maker mark again and is devoid of an R.B.NR. and acceptance stamp on the unbraider. Despite the fact that SMF used high quality materials again, all design features remained unchanged.". There are pictures of this knife, the same as posted in this thread. Will take pictures later on of the book s page and post them
    Quote by MAP View Post
    What gives it away as being post-war production?

MAP
    ?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi, I am going to quote on quote from Peter Bruning s Luftwaffe gravity knives. I fully recommend this book. "After the war SMF produced the late type II knife almost unchanged for the civilian market. The materials used are again of a very high quality. The shiny, stainless steel blade bears the SMF maker mark again and is devoid of an R.B.NR. and acceptance stamp on the unbraider. Despite the fact that SMF used high quality materials again, all design features remained unchanged.". There are pictures of this knife, the same as posted in this thread. Will take pictures later on of the book s page and post them
    I'm learning here so thanks! So all type II's should be R.B.NR numbered (as well as the Luft Ampt on the awl?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast