MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe L code fighting knives

Article about: Reibert,Thanks for the info. I did not know. So I'll carry this one and use it. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Default re: Luftwaffe L code fighting knives

Reibert,Thanks for the info. I did not know. So I'll carry this one and use it. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe L code fighting knives
    P
    Many

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Reibert,Thanks for the info. I did not know. So I'll carry this one and use it. Rich A. in Pa.
    I would do so, why not !

If I was wrong, please, don´t nail me on the door ...

?

Luftwaffe L code fighting knivesI also have a WWII German boot knife that I purchased from an ad in Shotgun News back in 1986. On one side it has a partially ground off German eagle/swastika and the other side has 'hat 1941' stamped on it. The story was that a large cache of boot knives were found in Norway and the authorities mandated that the swastika be ground off in order for the knives to enter the market. So they did a quick 'cursory' grinding, leaving most of the eagle and swastika intact. Up until now, I always believed that I had an authentic German boot knife. The length is 11 inches overall.

?

Man, these are nice. Simple and clean design; less IS more.
    Too bad, if the shortie is a fake (if thats whats meant by 'Bubba work'), as it looks handy and almost like a moden woodlore knife.

Quote by HARRY View Post
    Luftwaffe L code fighting knivesI also have a WWII German boot knife that I purchased from an ad in Shotgun News back in 1986. On one side it has a partially ground off German eagle/swastika and the other side has 'hat 1941' stamped on it. The story was that a large cache of boot knives were found in Norway and the authorities mandated that the swastika be ground off in order for the knives to enter the market. So they did a quick 'cursory' grinding, leaving most of the eagle and swastika intact. Up until now, I always believed that I had an authentic German boot knife. The length is 11 inches overall.
    Yes, there´re many fighting knives found in Skandinavia after the war actually, ("Kampfmesser PUMA", also the dutch "Stormdolk").

IMO your "Infanteriemesser 42" is a fake, sorry ...

?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Yes, there´re many fighting knives found in Skandinavia after the war actually, ("Kampfmesser PUMA", also the dutch "Stormdolk").

IMO your "Infanteriemesser 42" is a fake, sorry ...
    Why was many found in Scandinavia? I am Danish.

?

Yes, that sounds peculiar. I know they found a Heinkel 219 at Karup (the only surviving one and now at the Udvar-Hazy), but fighting knives.....?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Why was many found in Scandinavia? I am Danish.
    I don´t know.
    After the surrender of the Wehrmacht in Norway stocks of "PUMA" fighting knives, and dutch "Stormdolks" were found.

Some very good items have come out of Scandinavia. Which I think may have been due to German forces leaving there with just the clothes on their backs (more or less) at the end of the war. With even places like Sweden which was technically neutral also providing items. With years ago, a good friend of mine getting some rare Walther P-38 pistols and other items in trades with Swedish collectors. FP

hello, I am finishing my book on German daggers and I would still need two or three particular knives with inscriptions, quotes and dedications, markings of regulations and other signatures. Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm also looking for pictures of German W2 soldiers with daggers.
    I indicate the name of owner on the objects.
    thanks again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast