Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe officer's dagger

Article about: hi guys! need some help here. again. i came across this dagger, not sure if it real. Seller states that the dagger is 100% real BUT it has NO stamps NO markings at all.... i heard that some

Default Luftwaffe officer's dagger

hi guys! need some help here. again. i came across this dagger, not sure if it real. Seller states that the dagger is 100% real BUT it has NO stamps NO markings at all.... i heard that some of them were with no marks or stamps but still...
    here are some pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officer's dagger   Luftwaffe officer's dagger  

Luftwaffe officer's dagger   Luftwaffe officer's dagger  

Luftwaffe officer's dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer's dagger
    P
    Many

It looks original to me although a bit on the salty side, and some were unmarked. The gilding on the pommel swaz remains which is a good feature.

thanks!

Hi Dimi ! There are Luft collectors here that would be able to narrow down..an identity of this logoless producer..by studying the fittings. Im surprised that there is Guilt left on the pommel swastika..in its present condition. That s something that Luft dagger collectors adore which is icing on the cake..of collecting these types. Hang out for awhile..tke a read through some of the threads here...and some of the Luft guys will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thank you Larry!

Guys, than you all for the help......one more question.....what is the real/fair price for the item in this condition?

Not a huge amount, given it's rather tattered condition, I'm afraid. If it was in fine shape, it would be a $650 dagger, but as it sits, I would cut that amount by at least half.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, this dagger looks authentic to me. It is very late war produced dagger with WKC fittings, generic scabbard and cracked plaster-filled grip.

Regards Peter