Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert

Article about: Hey Gents...I just saw this ad in our classifieds..it seems as though Ralf Siegert has come out with a Luftwaffe reference...has any one heard of this as this is news to me? Larry

Default Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert

Hey Gents...I just saw this ad in our classifieds..it seems as though Ralf Siegert has come out with a Luftwaffe reference...has any one heard of this as this is news to me? Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert
    P
    Many

UPDATE...it is true as I have spoken with Ralf Siegert..and this massive reference is 443 pgs..the size of his past SS reference. Being offered for 89 euros. one is being offered in our classifieds..and I copied the write up from that ad:..........the new Book by Ralf Siegert about the German DLV, NSFK and Luftwaffe Daggers. Format A4, 443 Pages, hundreds of color photos. German language. Include an Foreword by Thomas Wittmann.

This would make a nice stocking stuffer..if you can squeeze it into one...and always a great addition to the collectors library. I have ordered mine Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I just received today..my copy of this Reference..which will again prove to be very useful to the type collector..on top of what is already found here on the Edged weapons forum. Everything Luftwaffe Edged weapon related is discussed in this book. The gravity knife and boot knife also. High resolution "In your face" photos which clearly answers any questions and some never before seen Inwear photographs.

Interestingly the 55cm DLV Dagger..is called a "Ballonfuhrer Dolch" .

A forward written by Author Tom Johnson..gives a great credit to Ralf Siegert..for bringing more of a Homegrown information...that no Non German could ever bring forth in all the years of collecting.

A line by Tom Johnson states:...."Many collectors contended years ago, that everything to be said on the subject of German Edged weaponry had already been said......."I didn't believe it then and I certainly don't believe it now" ( End Quote)

The fact is that everything has not been said except by those who had studied and discussed with what was already in front of them. Seeing someones backyard..as to being in ones backyard shows a stark difference on hands on knowledge.
    We have seen and even met some of these figures of History who came from the that period..which no discussion could come close to the actual person presenting the facts.
    Ralf Siegert has been able to gain the access to the German archives and documents that some Foreign authors may not afford the same luxury. Below are a few photos of Ralfs Luftwaffe reference..which is a worth the investment..in collecting and protecting
    yourself. Regards Larry

Ralf Siegert
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert  Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert  Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert  Luftwaffe Reference by Ralf Siegert 

?

Ive seen this book some 3 weeks ago when i visisted a collector friend, who delivered material for the book
    The book contains some very nice pics of very rare pieces, unfortunate he has a lot of writing mistakes, incl. the names of people who provided daggers...a bit sloppy...BUT i think its well worth every penny of the 89 euro's.
    It clearify's a lot of questions, even for the advanched collector its well worth buying!

Ger

Despite it being in German which I apologize for not mentioning that..... the photos themselves speak the international language. I have learned alot more about the DLV..then in past study. Mainly the background of the Organization..and its political affiliation...equal in rights with the other NS organizations. The NSFK was comprised soley from what I understand..of volunteers made up from the other political branches.

The photos are quite excellent. Regards Larry

Thanks for showing, Larry! Looks like a good one, maybe this should go on my list.

Luke

Hi Luke..a worthwhile investment..that goes well with what is here on the forum already. Contact him soon he has a limited printing of 1000 books..which mine was numbered 237. Larry